Latest entry requirement to Thailand

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I want to go to Similan this month or the next. Is there any LOB qualifying as Alternative Quarantine, or do I still have to add 7 days diving locally in Phuket before the LOB?

I want to go to Similan this month or the next. Is there any LOB qualifying as Alternative Quarantine, or do I still have to add 7 days diving locally in Phuket before the LOB?
Not that I know of. You need to stay in SHA+ listed in Thailand Pass Phuket Sandbox model in Phuket and book it for 7 days (1). On top of that, you need to get a travel insurance with Covid rider at minimum of $50,000 (2) and pre-paid 2 PCR tests (3), 1st test on arrival at Phuket Airport, 2nd test on a swab center your choice on day 5 after arrival. You have to set an appointment online for that. Once you get all 3 documents, take a picture of each documents fot applying Thailand Pass.

I’m still waiting for my Thailand Pass and I’ll be staying in one of SHA+ hotel in Phuket for 7 days before boarding a private diving yacht for 3 weeks. So, I’ll be in Thailand for 4 weeks.

Here’s my travel insurance document that I submitted to Thailand Pass application for your reference:

FDC19A58-D997-44CF-89C6-3B50ABBB88EC.jpeg

If Koh Lanta is opened then it is a nice few days diving there. Even better if the ferry is available.

While you're doing sandbox, you have to check in with reception at your hotel using MorChana app once a day, every day - the app generates a QR code on your phone screen and they scan it. You are also not supposed to leave Phuket province during this period. This means that you can do day diving trips to places like Racha but probably not Phi Phi, as that is a different province, although I don't know if that is actually enforced. Technically, it could be, as they scan your Mor Chana app when you enter and exit the Chalong Pier compound. You can also do shore diving at places like Kata Beach. Definitely no liveaboards. Once those seven days are done, you can go wherever - Phi Phi, Lanta, Khao Lak, Lipe, any liveaboard within Thailand, whatever. You can also come back to Phuket with no restrictions or tests, just show your vaccination certificate when you enter. One notable exception to that is that Burma diving routes are still closed.

Are you staying right up to the 30th day?
No . 4 weeks = 28 days. From Feb 3 to Mar 3. Flying out of Houston on Feb 1. There are only 28 days in February.

What’s the significance of 30th day?

What’s the significance of 30th day?
The visa exempt stamp that you get on arrival is good for 30 days in the country. You can, however, extend it with COVID extensions for 60 days at a time - right now they're set to expire on January 26th, but there's little doubt Thai government will extend the scheme. I've been here almost three months now, and got a 60-day extension yesterday.

Sound desperate to bring tourism back to Thailand.

Starting in April. 300 Baht ~ $9. Not bad.

“…The 300 baht fee would be used to develop tourist attractions and for accident or death insurance for all tourists. The maximum insurance payout would be 1 million baht in the case of death and 500,000 baht for medical expenses…”

I wonder if that would replace or in addition to the Insurance with minimum coverage of $50,000 (1.65 millions Baht) medical expenses that is required for Thailand Pass?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom