Latest CSSP conditions?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The weather cooperated and we had a great diving weekend! 64 degrees was the temp down to about 20 feet and then it got COLD after that ! A thermocline!!!! Yayyyy!!!! It rocked! :bang: I feel that we will be in 5Mils in about 2 weeks or less with all this great sunshine and weather. See you at the lake!

63F to 15-20 feet.
52-54F at ~50 feet.

- PV

Texass:
Let me know if you're going to be out there next weekend.

I won't be diving this weekend, Tex....I'm working Saturday night and will probably go out to see the Stars last home game Sunday afternoon (and check to see if they're going to need me for the playoffs).

The viz is returning!!! Taint quite there yet, but if you stay between the docks on the North side it's getting pretty good.

Temps are 66F down to 22ft and 50F below 40ft.

I finally saw my 1st Pirahna Perch this season. I had a heck of a time getting his pic. He kept passing up the camera and hovering about 2" off my mask plate. By the time I started my 2nd dive all his buddies came out. I guess he must of told them I was OK to jack with. The Bass are getting pretty playful as well. I had one nipping at my legs a couple of times. He finally quit when I turned around and let him gnaw on my glove. Funny how all winter I've seen nothing but cats, now they're starting to keep their distance again.

Today was so good I'm headed back out tomorrow.

nice shots! I love the sunfish pics. What type of camera and settings did you use?

Thanks.

I moved to digital thanks to Santa this year. It's an Oly C-5050 in the PT-015 housing (surprise). No strobe etc. yet. I'll probably get a WA lens first since I'm more a snapshot style of shooter and a sucker for scenic shots. I really miss having one on the camera.

The settings: (all were ISO 64)
1st pic: f4.0 - 1/320 - Manual WB
2nd pic: f5.0 - 1/250 - Auto WB
3rd, 4th & 5th pic: f4.0 - 1/160 - Manual WB

Temps are holding steady. Still 66F above 22' and bumping its way up to 55F @ 40' & 52F @ 50'.

The vis suffered from a lack of sun, about 10' around the Northern docks - about 5' as we moved away from the shallows.

I spent my dives playing videographer for a buddy who's working on his Tech 1 skills. That convinced me I'm getting the WA lens. It's kind of hard to critique a dive when you have to pan the camera to see more than a head to elbow shot.

Just a little BTW. I haven't used the movie mode since Christmas. Naturally I forgot all about turning off the microphone. I never realized just how LOUD a diver's breathing must be to the fish.

Texass:
Temps are holding steady. Still 66F above 22' and bumping its way up to 55F @ 40' & 52F @ 50'.

The vis suffered from a lack of sun, about 10' around the Northern docks - about 5' as we moved away from the shallows.

I spent my dives playing videographer for a buddy who's working on his Tech 1 skills. That convinced me I'm getting the WA lens. It's kind of hard to critique a dive when you have to pan the camera to see more than a head to elbow shot.

Just a little BTW. I haven't used the movie mode since Christmas. Naturally I forgot all about turning off the microphone. I never realized just how LOUD a diver's breathing must be to the fish.

Great photos. I never dive down at the end where the turtles are always up and sunning, consequently I've never seen them down, either.

Doug

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom