Late November in Hong Kong

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

pacchill

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
I just don't log dives
Greetings HK locals. I am looking forward to seeing such a great place as Hong Kong for the 3rd time. I love HK so much. Anyway, my last visit was a flop for diving. We had the trip in bag, but due to weather and work obligations had thumb the entire dive plans. This is after lugging 2 sets of doubles, one steel 100, 3 dive bags, on large Pelican, and personal bags from Fenwick Pier (US Navy) to Stanly in a cab. It was awesome, LOL getting off the ship everyone looked at us like we where freaking nuts. Not only where we diving in Hong Kong, but we had DOUBLES?? LOL. Cracks me up. Well that trip was a bust, so one can imagine how it felt taking dry gear home felt to us.
Well, it is almost time to see HK once again. I really do love it; Hong Kong is my favorite port of all time. Now i just HAVE to dive it. I need to know if a 4.3mil, with hooded vest 3mil will work out, or do I have to dive dry? If so, where can I get my hands on a drysuit?
Any help would be great. Right now I get my plans lined for Okinawa.
Cheers!
Willie

Is Andrew on SB? Last time in town Gilman did all the leg work on diving for us. I want just one dive, so I can add HK to my list of places NO ONE ELSE has dived before lol. At least none of my buddies.

Sorry, Andrew not in SB.

pacchill:
Greetings HK locals. I am looking forward to seeing such a great place as Hong Kong for the 3rd time. I love HK so much. Anyway, my last visit was a flop for diving. We had the trip in bag, but due to weather and work obligations had thumb the entire dive plans. This is after lugging 2 sets of doubles, one steel 100, 3 dive bags, on large Pelican, and personal bags from Fenwick Pier (US Navy) to Stanly in a cab. It was awesome, LOL getting off the ship everyone looked at us like we where freaking nuts. Not only where we diving in Hong Kong, but we had DOUBLES?? LOL. Cracks me up. Well that trip was a bust, so one can imagine how it felt taking dry gear home felt to us.
Well, it is almost time to see HK once again. I really do love it; Hong Kong is my favorite port of all time. Now i just HAVE to dive it. I need to know if a 4.3mil, with hooded vest 3mil will work out, or do I have to dive dry? If so, where can I get my hands on a drysuit?
Any help would be great. Right now I get my plans lined for Okinawa.
Cheers!
Willie

Willie, sorry I've been on a business trip back to the states and haven't had a chance to check SB lately. When are you heading to HK? 4mm+3mm hooded vest will do.

Doubles? that would be overkill for most of the diving here in HK although it is convenient for multiple dives where you don't want to switch tanks.

As Jason suggested, Andrew or Paul at Mandarin Divers could help out. http://www.mandarin-divers.com/

Or check the dive schedule for some of the local clubs like www.scdc.org.hk or www.hkuc.org.hk.

Good deal, thanks Pakman. I still have no idea what my work schedule will be though. When it gets closer to time to pull in I'll send some better info. I had planed on going out to see Andrew anyway, I just hope we are not working the whole time.
Singles are fine, I was just hoping to find a good reason to buy a doubles wint " I swear honey, ALL they had where doubles for rent. I HAD to buy one!" LOL

Back
Top Bottom