Last minute trip to Oahu. Aug 5, 2011 weekend. Need help!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Clammy

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hi!

I just booked a flight to Oahu for this weekend, kinda impulse to go with some friends to surf and dive.

Does anyone have any dive charter recommendations? Any dive site recommendations (wrecks, spots I should try to get to ect.), What are the current conditions? Any help would be appreciated! I'm looking to dive sun and mon.

Clammy,

I've been diving Ohau for 3yrs now. Here are some companys that I have experience with:

Island Divers Hawaii - They dive out of Hawaii Kai (south side of the island) and hit some unique dive sites. I haven't been out with these guy's for almost 2 years but, last time I did they weren't very personable.
Ocean Concepts - Extremly proffesional and knowledgeable, very detailed dive briefings, well priced. The great thing about this shop is that they dive from the west side of the island and offer some unique dives.
Dive Oahu - These guys dive from the south shore (same spot as Island Divers) and they are usually pretty friendly and proffesional.

Some of my Favorite Dive Sites:

Sea Tiger -
Shallow LCU -
Deep LCU -
Kewalo Pipeline -
YO-257-
San Pedro -
Makaha Caverns -

These links have some descriptions of the dive sites:

Scuba Diving Oahu with Ocean Concepts Hawaii - Waikiki, Honolulu, Hawaii
http://www.islanddivershawaii.com/

Feel free to PM me if you have any questions.

Just a few points of clarification.....

1) Island Divers does leave out of Hawaii Kai
2) Dive Oahu generally runs charters out of Kewalo Basin (Seatiger/YO 257 etc.) They cannot get you to the sites IDH can.
3) Ocean Concepts has "well priced" charters? I think it's $110 for a dive and $50 for gear..... yikes.

All are large outfits and if that's what you are looking for that's what you'll get. There are a number of great small operators on this island too!

G

thanks for the replies! I booked one day with Kaimana Divers under some recommendations. I'm going to check out Island Divers if I can! Thanks again! There's no actual shark DIVING in Oahu right? Just snorkel cages?

Back
Top Bottom