LAST HONEST LDS

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Kaveman

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
None - Not Certified
My dive shop that I was using for years went out of business. It was New England Dive Shop. The owner was very honest guy who will not charge you arm and leg to repair your regs. If you have parts for life on your regs he will always honor that and he will never come up with excuses to charge you for your free parts like most shops do. Does anyone knows any good honest shop in Los Angeles county? Please let me know. I use Zeagle and Scubapro regs.

My dive shop that I was using for years went out of business. It was New England Dive Shop. The owner was very honest guy who will not charge you arm and leg to repair your regs. If you have parts for life on your regs he will always honor that and he will never come up with excuses to charge you for your free parts like most shops do. Does anyone knows any good honest shop in Los Angeles county? Please let me know. I use Zeagle and Scubapro regs.
You might want to have a mod move this to the SoCal regional forum.

I don't know if Jocko is still running the shop at Dive n Surf, and while he's a curmudgeon, he does excellent work, and is willing to show you what's going on with your gear. I have no clue how he handles the parts-for-life scenario, but you could ask.

I've been waiting two months for the parts to come in for mine to be overhauled. I guess I should order parts now for next year's service.

I too was a client of New England Divers and Mike. We miss him. Jocko is terrific and he enjoys having you watch....er more like actively participate in the servicing of your own gear under his watchful eye. I have heard that he is at Dive-N-Surf a day or two each week.

So now my closest dive shop is Ocean Gear in Huntington beach. Big John, Debbie and Little John (the son and the taller of the two) are akk great, They now service my gear.

You might want to have a mod move this to the SoCal regional forum.

I don't know if Jocko is still running the shop at Dive n Surf, and while he's a curmudgeon, he does excellent work, and is willing to show you what's going on with your gear. I have no clue how he handles the parts-for-life scenario, but you could ask.

Jocko is still at Dive n Surf. Works a few days per week.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom