Last Flower Gardens Gasp for 2008

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The trip roster looks like the a gathering of customers from the days when we ran silky charters, before we bought the boat. Tough old-style divers, that is. This trip should rock.

I'm in, paid and booked. Talk to Kevin if you have any questions on w/e regarding the trip at 281-970-0534 or 866-460-3483.

Anyone who's made the trip from Austin ... I need some advice on the best route from 620 and 2222

Best way from Austin, 71 south to I-10, East to 36, 36 to Freeport, turn left on Velasco (It will be dark, watch carefully), right at the light (2nd street), Left where you see the Texas Crewboats sign (the Gulf Diving sign died in the hurricane), come over the Levee, look for the white thing that says Spree.

Best way from Austin, 71 south to I-10, East to 36, 36 to Freeport, turn left on Velasco (It will be dark, watch carefully), right at the light (2nd street), Left where you see the Texas Crewboats sign (the Gulf Diving sign died in the hurricane), come over the Levee, look for the white thing that says Spree.
Thanks a million divewookie.

Looking forward to it! Just watching the weather now. I am ok with a little rocking out there but Troy is not a fan of the rough seas. He can barely make it through the briefing sometimes. He is ok once we get out there and he has had his first night of sleep on the boat, but he takes the dramamine for sure.

As of Wed night at 9:30pm CST here is the forecast:

FRI AND FRI NIGHT
S TO SW WINDS 10 KT BECOMING N TO NE 15 TO
20 KT NW OF FRONT. SEAS 2 TO 4 FT. SCATTERED SHOWERS AND TSTMS
ALONG FRONT.

SAT
N OF 27N E OF 23W N TO NE WINDS 15 TO 20 KT DIMINISHING
TO 10 TO 15 KT LATE. SEAS 2 TO 4 FT. ELSEWHERE N TO NE WINDS 10
TO 15 KT LATE. SEAS 2 TO 4 FT.

SUN
W OF 94W SE TO S WINDS 10 TO 15 KT INCREASING TO 15 TO 20
KT LATE. SEAS 2 TO 4 FT BUILDING 4 TO 6 FT. E OF 94W E TO SE
WINDS 10 TO 15 KT BECOMING SE TO S 15 TO 20 KT LATE. SEAS 1 TO 3
FT BUILDING TO 3 TO 5 FT. SCATTERED SHOWERS AND TSTMS FAR N.

Anybody interested in carpooling from Austin? I can probably handle four people and gear in my Pathfinder.

I'm in and paid, but never received confirmation other than "contact information received." Is that the way it usually works?

Really looking forward to this trip. I'd also be interested in carpooling with someone from San Antonio. How long a drive is it from SA to freeport? I'm thinking about 4 hrs.

I have no other contact since the initial confirmation either. maybe he has not actually run our cards yet since we are all watching the weather. No sense and running all the credit cards if it the weather turns nasty. So Far So Good though!!!!

FRI AND FRI NIGHT
S TO SW WINDS 10 KT BECOMING N TO NE 15 KT
W OF FRONT...EXCEPT TO 20 KT N OF 27N. SEAS 2 TO 4 FT...HIGHEST
NW OF FRONT. SCATTERED SHOWERS AND TSTMS ALONG FRONT.

SAT
N OF 27N E OF 92W N TO NE WINDS 15 TO 20 KT DIMINISHING
TO 10 TO 15 KT LATE. SEAS 2 TO 4 FT. ELSEWHERE NE TO E WINDS 10
TO 15 KT. SEAS 2 TO 4 FT.

SAT NIGHT
N OF 27N VARIABLE WINDS 10 KT OR LESS. SEAS 2 TO 4
FT. S OF 27N NE TO E WINDS 10 TO 15 KT. SEAS 3 TO 4 FT.

SUN
W OF 94W SE TO S WINDS 10 TO 15 KT INCREASING TO 15 TO 20
KT LATE. SEAS 2 TO 4 FT BUILDING 4 TO 6 FT. E OF 94W E TO SE
WINDS 10 TO 15 KT. SEAS 1 TO 3 FT. SCATTERED SHOWERS AND TSTMS
FAR N.

I have no other contact since the initial confirmation either. maybe he has not actually run our cards yet since we are all watching the weather. No sense and running all the credit cards if it the weather turns nasty. So Far So Good though!!!!
You're correct on that. The book-keeper Kevin he said he'd wait 'til after it was a sure thing before he'd run our cards. This is one of those "no news is good news" kinda deals.

fri and fri night
s to sw winds 10 kt...increasing to n to ne
15 kt w of front...except ne 15 to 20 kt n of 27n. Seas 2 to 4
ft...highest nw of front. Scattered showers and tstms along
front.

sat
n of 27n e of 92w n to ne winds 15 to 20 kt...diminishing
to 10 to 15 kt late. Seas 2 to 4 ft. Elsewhere ne to e winds 10
to 15 kt. Seas 2 to 4 ft.

sat night
n of 27n variable winds 5 to 10 kt. Seas 2 to 4 ft.
S of 27n ne to e winds 10 to 15 kt. Seas 3 to 4 ft.

sun
w of 94w se to s winds 10 to 15 kt...increasing to 15 to
20 kt late. Seas 2 to 4 ft...building 4 to 6 ft late. E of 94w e
to se winds 10 to 15 kt. Seas 1 to 3 ft. Scattered showers and
tstms far n.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom