Last fight

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I have a friend who grew up in a tough neighbourhood. He always say "they don't mean business 'till you see their shoulders drop". This he regards as a sure sign of impending violence - so when they do he usually drops them. Just like that.

Needless to say I'm always careful about my body positioning when I'm arguing with him.

The last time was I was in a fight....was 1995, in South Korea. We ran into a group that didn't like Americans..even though our group said or did nothing to them. One of the guys broke a pool stick over my friends head....when I went to pull the guy away he hit me with what was left...good thing I am very hard headed. :05: ...It ended up being a very bad night for that guy.

Now the last time I thought I was tough was after I got out of the army and started doing bjj. I had great plans on going to the UFC..haha..:D After grappling w/ my instructor (who has been in several UFCs)...I changed my mind really fast. Every move I made caused me more pain. ...But, it is all good. I am no longer in pain and I now have more time to dive. :D

Kenny

I'm allergic to pain. I don't fight. Although it has been many, many years since I actually hit someone in anger, I probably want to smack someone nearly every day driving on I-64.

Tobagoman:
When I was a member of the Hells Angels MC it seemed that there was always some idiot (or drunk) who thought he was tougher than me and wanted to make a showing in front of his buddies, and I would have to put them to sleep. They were in the minority though, as most people were respectful.

Nothing wrong with a good fist fight, its the fools that pull out weapons when they are outclassed that irk me.

The last motorcycle tough guy who tried to fight us pulled out a weapon. That gave us a very good legal reason to put two slugs from an 870 and four rounds from a patrol rifle into him.

He did not survive, and we went on patrolling the streets. Oh well.

I'm not a fighter by nature, but I'm big enough to hold my own in a fight, and have ended several by restraining agressors until they were in the custody of authorities (teachers, cops, or whatever). The only time violence ever ended a fight I was in was back in high school, when the guy who wanted to fight me was too big to control that way. Fortunately, he wasn't as smart or fast as he was big, and all I had to do to end it was dodge when he threw his first big punch after backing me up against what turned out to be a very solid brick wall.

Yup...no matter how tough you "think" you are....there is always someone out there that can show you otherwise.

Situations like BigJetDriver69 described is one of the reasons my Glock36 goes just about everywhere with me.

Kenny

Tobagoman:
When I was a member of the Hells Angels MC
what about AFFA?

Hmmm....most of the fights I have been in recently haven't happened, not counting the ones that happened in the ring. :D As a martial arts instructor, I often am in the position of watching out for the safety of our students when in a social setting. I have had to put myself in harm's way a few times, but always succeed to stare down the situation before it comes to violence. A few have resulted in me taking a hit, but not reacting...that really scares the hell out of them sometimes...

Last time I was in one where I threw and received punches? 1989, probably...a teammate on the swim team. He split my cheek open. Gave me my first reason to begin my martial arts training.

Never been in a fight..
At least that I can remember :)

Jamdiver:
Never been in a fight..
At least that I can remember :)

Yeah...sometimes it works out that way... :D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom