Las Vegas newbie!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

lvnv000

Reaction score
Henderson, NV (Just outside of Las Vegas)
This is my first post. I'm here to learn more about scuba. I am not certified yet but hope to be someday soon. Any recommendations on where to get certified? I have two daughters old enough to be certified (12 & 10) so I would like to find a place that is also good with kids. Does anybody know about diving Lake Mead?

I don't have any info on local diving resources for you, but we've got several divers from your area who are active on the board, so I'm sure that they'll chime in soon.

Welcome to the board and good luck on finding and completing your classes.

-Grier

Welcome to the Board. I wish I could help but it has been too many years since I live in Boulder City - more than I am going to admit to. I do know Mead was a favorite hang out when I was in High School. I wish I had known about diving then - I think it had been invented at that time. :)

Interested in knowing what Mead is like now and what you think of it when you are certified.

Becky

lvnv000:
This is my first post. I'm here to learn more about scuba. I am not certified yet but hope to be someday soon. Any recommendations on where to get certified? I have two daughters old enough to be certified (12 & 10) so I would like to find a place that is also good with kids. Does anybody know about diving Lake Mead?

Hello from Matt,

Welcome to ScubaBoard ! :1poke: I came here to look for help with my scuba diving dream and the response has been fantastic. So, I know you will enjoy being a member here.
There are a lot of nice and informative scuba divers. It's a good place to meet other divers and share experiences and dreams. Take care from Matt. :snorkels:

Welcome to ScubaBoard! :happywave

We've got some members that live in the Las Vegas area. Hopefully, some of them will spot your first post.

You may want to try posting this to the SoCal section of the California Kelp Divers forum as well. Since there are many people that go back and forth from So Cal to Vegas and visa versa, you may find that some people in Vegas are actually reading the SoCal section often.

Have fun learning to dive!

Dive safe!

Christian

P.S. Due to the high volume of new posts in the Introductions and Greets forum, it's not always possible to keep up with all the new posts here. So, please help me out and send me a PM if you post anything you want me to read or repsond to in this forum.
:palmtree: :sunny

I did my cert dives in Lake Mead in Nov. I don't know if they just used that site for cert dives but our vis was like 5 ft. max. But welcome to the board and I hope you get your cert soon so you can get into the water.

First of all, Welcome and enjoy.

During last summers excursion to your fun little oasis of sin (I do love it when I leave there with more money than i got there with) I meet some great people over at GR8Divn. Also included in that list of friendly people are the divers at Neptune Divers (who opened up their doors and made us feel very at home even after they were supposed to be closed). Enjoyed the visit out and next time won't leave the gear at home.

Howdy! :crafty:

Welcome to SB. Hope to get to know you around the forums.

As easy as it is for you to get to Los Angeles, you might consider trips over there. Catalina diving will beat Lake Mead easily. You might call around for Local Dive Shops (LDSs) that will do your class and pool time there, then organize a trip to Catlaina.

And from my personal feelings only, I'd want to become an experienced diver with Rescue Certification before I got my kids involved, but - I worry a lot. :D

PM me if I can help, and stay in touch....

don

Back
Top Bottom