LAR V on Ebay

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Spamming was not my intention sorry!:confused:

There was one on ebay in January #22 with a Secumar vest that was stolen from the seller during the auction but this is a different one. It has a newer Secumar vest with it, so this one is not related to the current one from what I can tell.

As for the assumption that any LAR V is stolen, I have heard that many times before. (not saying you are assuming)

Unless you recognise this particular rig, I don't see why you would say it is stolen.

But by all means, if you know for sure, tell us.

That Draeger is a military model with the older model O2 bottle. We have gone to a higher capacity black model. The government cannot sell or surplus any diving system. Draeger will not sell that particular model without goverment creds. There are some copys but that one is milspec. BTW...ebay is always being watched. Big brother loves a "good" deal.

Suddenly pops up with high value, unusual items.

Red Flag!

For years they have been sold through the DRMO. Many people have the LAR V's, many have X military ones. Does not mean it is stolen! Big brother? they looking for rebreathers? ok?!

and you mean the black 1.9 liter tank right?

PS there is a guy in California that has a LAR V course, and guess what, the rigs have old military #'s on them. Big brother should go take the class:D

MK133MOD2 once bubbled...
PS there is a guy in California that has a LAR V course, and guess what, the rigs have old military #'s on them. Big brother should go take the class:D
IANTD has three LAR-V instructors in the US (FL, CA & HI) and two in Australia.
And that's just one agency (which happens to have a formal course and a searchable database :D ). Afaik, others offer it as an instructor specified specialty.
The US military aren't the only ones using LAR-Vs. Aside from other gov't agencies (eg Fish & Game) they are used in plenty other countries ... .

Back
Top Bottom