Lanier - WBP 9/18/05

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

m7scuba:
Do you know when it's slated to open?
I'll ask Jack today what the timeframe is on the mall of georgia store, and the scoop as to what is going on with the doraville store. I have to run over there and pick up a few items I ordered from them, as well as work out a problem with one of my manifolds I got from them.

30' for 20 minutes is fine by me. Man, we are already hijacking threads left and right.. Just like old times.. :)

Matt

The Kraken:
Hey, M7, you going to get "initiated" into the "Looney Birds" New Year's Day?????

What do you guys think the initiation dive should be?

Say a minimum of 30 feet for a minimum of 20 minutes?
I plan on being there, but I'm not sure how long I'll last in my 7 mil. My coldest dive so far was about 71 degrees. What's the water usually like in January?

Oh, around 42 to 45 degrees.
But the coffee afterwards is good and hot !!!!
I'll even have an old motor coach up there in which you can warm up.

the K

LOL, you will be able to last that long in a 7 mil, don't worry.. :) The warm coffee afterwards is great. Wally (the motor coach) also has one of the best working heaters around. I'm really looking forward to the winter months. Great viz out there, very few boaters, nobody else is usually in the park, and you don't get overheated putting on these thick suits.

Matt

It's 30' for 20 minutes in a dive skin, shouldn't be too bad. I think Jeremy did most of the winter in a 3 mil.

The motorcoach is really nice to have up there and it is much appreciated. The problem is once you go in and warm up, you don't want to come back out.

Ok, one more just to get post 100.
I haven't heard anything about DS closing down. I was over there Saturday afternoon spending 70.00 bucks or so on prescription lenses for my new Big eyes mask. Now I have a back-up mask.

. . . and not a moment too soon !!!!!!! :D

the K

I just got back from D/S in Marietta here and spoke with Jack who manages both stores. He said the Doraville store will close down once the Mall of Georgia store is open. It all still seems in the works and he couldn't give me an estimated time when they will close doraville, but it's not going to be anytime soon. He said it could be as much as a year before it closes down. It sounds like they don't get alot of buisness out that way though, so they are definately going to be moving to the Mall of Georgia store once it opens.

Matt

Back
Top Bottom