Lanier (or anywhere near Atlanta) 4-7 or 8

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Corigan:
The later we show up the more chance the lake has had to warm up all day. Also how many dives are you wanting to get in? I assume with a 5mm/hood one would be about all we would want to do above the thermocline. Let me know when you want to get together,

Matt
I will check with my wife sometime this morning, but Sunday works fine for me, probably sometime around 2. I will need some sort of directions, having never been there before. I also need to check with Diver's Supply to be sure that my tanks are VIP'ed and ready to go.

I say we start with one dive and see how well I do. If the air is warm, I would probably be OK for two. When I did the quarry diving in Florida, it was February, in the morning, and there was ice in the barbeques around the park, so I never knew if 57 in the water was cold, or 36 in the air while wet was cold.

adder70:
I will check with my wife sometime this morning, but Sunday works fine for me, probably sometime around 2. I will need some sort of directions, having never been there before. I also need to check with Diver's Supply to be sure that my tanks are VIP'ed and ready to go.
I will see you at West Bank Park at 2. I will PM you over directions as well as my cell # if you still don't have it.

I say we start with one dive and see how well I do. If the air is warm, I would probably be OK for two. When I did the quarry diving in Florida, it was February, in the morning, and there was ice in the barbeques around the park, so I never knew if 57 in the water was cold, or 36 in the air while wet was cold.
Sounds good, I'm just going to bring out 2 AL80's and go from there. I usually dive with my steels, but my back is bothering me a tad bit so I am going to bring lighter tanks. It is supposed to get up into the mid 80's on Sunday. Should be plenty nice to warm up if we wanted to try for 2 dives.

Anybody else going to come out Sunday at 2?

Matt

Afraid I'm not going to be able to make it this weekend.
I'm looking at going down to Florida and try the Jetties again around the end of this month. If the Gulf doesn't work I'm thinking about the springs. I need to get a boat dive in soon too.

Have fun and be safe.

Jeremy

To whom it may concern:

Matt (Corigan) was forced to replace an injured worker and cannot dive today. Having no expected buddy, I will also forgo the experience for this weekend.

See y'all soon!

Back
Top Bottom