Lanier Dive reports 4/3/10 and 4/13/10

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Saturday sounds good to me,how about 10,we can meet at Lanier beach south boat ramp. It is right there by the dam where the store is. It is about 1/2 mile east of west bank park.

Sounds good Mark. I will have to remember to bring my hood! Oh, do you have a dive flag? I gave mine (cheap) to 2 guys at Jocassee one day who forgot theirs. If not I can get one this week.

10am, I will see you then. I'm going to PM you my cell # so if things change and you need to let me know quick, you can just call me.

Jeremy

Mark,
Let's put together a date/time to do Lanier again. Haven't dove there in about 2 years Bro.

Jeremy

Jeremy how ya doin'?

You guys, I'm up for a dive after springfest. Maybe we can relocate that boat ?

So Cliff and I got into the water on 3/25/2010 at around 9:46 AM EST in search of the boat. We went down in search of the boat that is near the woodpile. We both dove wet with hooded vests, Cliff with his double 95s and me with a steel 104 with 124 cubic feet of air in it. Oh and did I mention that this was my first EAN dive? So it got COOOOOLD at depth. I logged a temperature of 39 degrees at the bottom. We ran a line from the woodpile and headed north from it for a ways. I located a red antifreeze jug that was tied off to the bottom and we both saw a 8 inch catfish. We logged a total time of 52 minutes and a max depth of 88 feet, which is impressive given the temperature.

Mark,

Are you willing to go diving to search for the sunken boat?

The quest for the boat,I am in. I need to go over the area in my boat and mark it with my depth finder. I just need to find the creek channel,The depth should be about 95-100 feet right now.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom