Lanier Dive reports 4/3/10 and 4/13/10

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

joe8mofo

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
4/3/10: Diving with Brian
1st Dive was at Lower Overlook, the water was cold throughout at 42 degrees. Max depth was 70 ft for a 31 minute dive. There was lots of torn down home rubble to see and some rather large rocks.

After an hour surface interval went to West Bank park and we dove Mask Cove. We followed the lines all around and down to the woodpile (77 ft and 40 degrees). We then followed the lines to the platform and then made our way back to the start of the lines. There were 4 separate thermoclines to go through.

4/13/10 Diving the Water Treatment Pipes which are currently being installed

Cliff and I met-up around 6:30 PM and geared up and jumped into my boat to head to a rope I had discovered the previous week fishing. We found the rope (which at the time I presumed was a "lost anchor" which someone had simply cut off. Well we tied up to the line and descended to find that its simply a rope attached to the bottom which is floating at the surface. So with a max depth of 76 feet we explored the pipes and followed them around. The pipe junctions are covered with gravel and vis was around 10 feet. Water temp was 48 degrees at depth and 67 at the surface. We saw a tiny crayfish on the gravel that was on top of one of the junctions.

Joe,

Where do these lines start? I have never seen any lines, of course the vis has always been crappy when i was there. Some diving is better then no diving. Thanks for the updates.

At Around 17-20 feet (depending on water level there is a big round piece of cement with a wire loop on it. Once you find that proceed out and you should hit the lines. If not do a wide circle around the block of cement and you should see a thick rope, follow the rope and it will lead you to the small, thin dive lines. Take the first right and that will take you to the woodpile, At the end of the woodpile you should see another line, follow that and it will take you to the platform at around 50 feet depth. From the platform follow the edge of the drop-off (so shallow is to right and deep water is to left) and you will run into your return line. If you want to dive it, let me know......

Thanks Joe! You would not know the approximate compass heading would you?

I don't know the compass heading, its really easy to find without one. Just head slightly to the right of center and you will find what I described in the previous post. Of course if you want to go diving give me a shout.

Have you found the sunk boat out by the wood pile? It is in probably about 90 ft right now,it is in the old creek channel. We found it out there about 3 years ago.

Mark,
Let's put together a date/time to do Lanier again. Haven't dove there in about 2 years Bro.

Jeremy

I have not located the sunken boat in the river channel. Is it far from the wood pile? Is it simply a matter of going deeper from the woodpile to locating it?

It is in the deepest part of the channel out past the woodpile,it would be to the right of the woodpile. I am ready to go Jeremy,I put the boat in and checked it out,it was running good,got my depth finder working,it has been acting up. I went swimming,water was not too cold,about 65 or so. It was a fairly short swim. Next week end would be good for me,Fri,Sat orSunday.

Friday is out but next Sat or Sunday morning would be great for me. Sunday I would have to be on my way home by 2pm but Sat anytime would work. My Saturday is wide open so just let me know which day and what time to meet up.

I picked up my tanks from Hydro today and they're full and ready to go!

Jeremy

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom