Lanier dive report 1/22/12

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

krawlings

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I met Josh and Clif at lower overlook to day for a dive there was a little breeze and some wave action on the lake . The air temp was in the mid 30"s to upper 30"s I got the basic lay out of our dive from Clif walked back up to the cars and geared up . I had been thinking all weekend with all the rain we had just gotten . That the viz was going to really suck (be in the 5" to 6" range). But I was realy surprized that it was rather good . I think it was in the 12' TO 15" RANGE . I could clearly see Josh who was 3" in front of me and see Cliffs outline who was in front of Josh. The surface temp was 53* F and at depth it was 48* F our max depth was 58.1" the average depth was 45.66'. It was a realy good dive . I expected the wurst conditions and got a good surprize conditions was better than what was eXpected.
Josj and Clif thank you for letting me dive with you and for showing me around this divr sight, SO MUCH BETTER than WBP. I look forwared to diving with you guys agian

lake Lanier lower over look is a great dive for advance divers.- Dove Feb. 26, 2012 with Ken & Josh on a Great Day, A little late on Sunday afternoon- In water at 3:29 & out at 4:14, a 45 min. dive, max. depth 70' and water temp. about 48 f.- Vis. about 15+ feet - found loading dock - A GREAT DIVE -Park Closed at 5:00p.m.
clif

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom