Land of OZ Newbie

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Scubajude

Reaction score
Hi all
Thought I'd better introduce myself. I live in northern Australia and dive the magnificent reefs on the Great Barrier Reef. My favourite dive site is the Yongala Wreck. I am lucky enough to work part-time on a dive boat that goes out to the reef and the wreck. I work for nothing but get all my dives for free so I think that's a fair exchange. Only started diving last December and have already clocked up over 70 dives. Just wish I'd taken up scuba years ago.

This is a great board, love reading all the comments.

Jude

Hey (scuba) Jude,

And I still miss the Beatles! Well, anyhow, welcome to the Board: we are always happy to greet folks from the Land of Oz with its wonderful dive sites!

It sounds like you have the affliction and it has gone deeply into your soul! This Board will make it stick even better.

Do you have questions? Come here. Do you have answers? Come here! And if you are just looking for a little solace on a non-diving day, come here.

WE'VE GOT IT ALL--AND, NOW WE'VE GOT YOU! IT DOESN'T GET ANY BETTER THAN THAT!

Joewr

Howdy ScubaJude!!!

Where bouts in Queensland are ya? I got my o/w cert from your neck of the woods (Pro-Dive out of Cairns) and loved having my check out dives on the GBR. Was an excellent start to my diving career! (and a way to make my diver friends jealous).

Hey Jude... welcome from Thailand. And thanks for making me jealous (you're so right, TM :p) with your first post! You're a lucky dude, Jude... free dives on the GBR?? *Oh why didn't I learn how to dive when I lived in Oz??*

I think Joe just about said it all, so you make sure you spend lots of time here when you're not diving the Reef, ok? *grrrr*.

Cheers Ears
:)

Thanks for the welcome guys. I'm lucky enough to live in Townsville with some of the most pristine reefs just outside my door. Cairns is a 4 hour drive north. Although I might be biased I think you can get a better dive out from Townsville rather than Cairns. Cairns tends to have a lot more dive companies operating so hence a lot more divers. Townsville also has the biggest drawcard for diving - the Yongala Wreck. It's a spectacular dive not so much for the wreck but for all the marine life concentrated around it.

Haven't had a chance to get wet for the last month now and I'm itching to get out there. I seem to get 3 or 4 weekends in a row diving then nothing for ages. Why is it so?

Having withdrawal symptoms, blowing bubbles in my sleep.....

Jude

Gday mate! I was looking thru the "board" and found another Aussie there. As you can see " where not in Kansas anymore Toto" so its good to see someone else is having a REAL look around from here. Then again Im from Melbourne so were a loooong way away.Ive been a bit like you abit lazy and havent been wet for 3 months at least!Last dive was on the Subs out side the heads 13c water temp so that scared me off for a while.Did a bit of Snorkling on the reef off Airlie Beach years ago but 1 wife and 3 kids has buggered getting back there anytime soon.Anyway Illsee ya sometime mate have a good one!

Welcome from across the ditch in NZ.I was on the GBR once.Loved it.I have wanted to dive the "Yongala" for ages.Did you go with Mike Ball tours?That's a good dive boat.You'll have a great time on the boards here.
Cheers Big Ears,
From the thunder from down under,
The gasman

from that little bitty place: TEXAS!

And look here folks, the G-Man back and trying to sneak in like we wouldn't notice. :)

Now if we can only find Iggie.

Welcome to the board from Texas! You lucky dog. What's great here is the barriers getting to the reef(airfare, getting time off from work, getting someone to feed the pets, etc..) The Carribean is as close as it gets from here. As TexasMike will tell you, here we are swampsters. Anyhows, welcome aboard the board.. and hey!!.. You seem to have drawn the Gasman out from his shell!..Welcome back Greg. We've missed your crude(yet insightful) presence! :tease:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom