Land based ops Flores???

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

opalobsidian

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Hello Scuba Boarders!

Is it possible to have a good experience from land based ops in Flores? Any recommendations on specific ops?

Costwise I've checked out the websites of several, but none of them post prices.

Price is not the whole of the issue, I like to come back to land after diving. Are the quality of the dive sites is really that much better from a liveaboard?

Thanks so much!
Shivaya

Western Flores is the gateway to Komodo; Komodo is much better dived on liveaboards, because land based ops wouldn't go to the southern spots like Cannibal rock.

If you prefer staying on shore, which I understand tho (I am on the same situation with two non divers in my party) I would NOT recommend Angel island Reefseekers who I dived with. I found their management very special (read my report on Angel Isle and you'll get the situation) plus the guides weren't as experienced on the sites as Komodo requires.

Next time either Komodo dive or C&N dive will get my votes.

Further east Flores, Maumere is an interesting stop too (I also posted a report on Maumere on this Indonesian board) as well as a pretext to ride across that mindblowingly beautiful island. If accoms comfort and a good beach are the premier criterias, then go to SeaWorld club, if macro is your thing but the location doesn't matter much then Ankermi might be your persons.

Further east some more... but off Flores, there's Alor which is supposed to be a highlight in Indonesia diving...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom