Komodo Land Based in January Recs / Experience

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

John Trecker

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Dear Wise Scubaboarders: Anyone with experience doing land based diving in January from Komodo / Labuan Bajo for 4-5 nights. From what I have read, going south is best. Looking at Scuba Junkies which gets great reviews. But also looks like the boat trips to the January south dive sites are over 1.5 hours each way in a slower boat. Seems like then maybe only 2 dives per day possible. If anyone has experience or recs that would be greatly appreciated.
And, if the answer is doing a short liveaboard, I am open to being educated.

JAN in Komodo is awesome but mostly in the south which is kind of difficult to get to from a land based op. I would recommend doing it by boat. We are going in Jan but on a boat and we love Komodo in the off season! The south has really amazing diving but is usually cold and viz can be meh. In the off season it warms up and viz gets better. We went right before Covid and it was great with no other boats there, and we even had good conditions in the central part.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom