Lake Worth, Texas?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Debraw,
I think TexDiveGuy has done a lot of research into Lake Worth; As has been noted, lake is contaminated with PCBs, is very shallow, zero vis, and rumor has it about a B-36. You now know everything there is to know about Lake Worth.

I cross over it every day. The good news would be that in some areas, when you locate trash/treasure on your dive, all you would have to do would be stand up, and hand it to someone. Plus, you could have unlimited bottom time at max depth of probably like 10 feet. However, get your shots, and do NOT swallow any of that water!!!!

PCB's aren't to bad, until you stir up the silt, which is HIGHLY likely in a lake like this.

parrotheaddiver:
Scubabum..you are too funny with that avatar pic :lol:

Thanks Ann - I hope I won't get into too much trouble for the irreverence...

To stay on subject, I could have sworn that I had read another post about Lake Worth in the TSD area or maybe UW treasure area. Interesting treasures but scary site. And I ain't talking about the goatman.

How about Eagle Mountain Lake -- is it just as bad?

humanphibian:
I agree, ask Alan. I think that he had done plenty of research, and possibly may have even taken a dip out there.

I was gonna try it,,but never did get around to diving the bridge area.

texdiveguy:
I was gonna try it,,but never did get around to diving the bridge area.

Mama always used to encourage me to dive off bridges all the time.
I used to wonder when she would stop the car really fast over the river then pull me out of the car and say "" JUMP Got Dang It I Said JUMP Rat NoW !!! ""
:confused:

She'd be so pround of me now :D

ScubaTexan:
How about Eagle Mountain Lake -- is it just as bad?

I used to live on Eagle Mountain Lake (where there is no mountain and there aren't any eagles). I've never seen the water clear enough that I'd consider diving in.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom