Lake Whitney Dive Shop no more

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Dutchman

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
We made our way out to the Scuba Point at Harbor Master Marina, Lake Whitney, TX.
Visited with the owners Rusty & Tammy. Seems they just packed up and moved out last week. The dive platforms and stairs are still there but the jet skiers and boaters have them tied up. Fortunately being a good boy scout, I brought all my gear including tank. The air temp was 93. Water temps at surface was 65. At 25' dropped to 55 and almost zero vis. The jet skies and boaters were all over us. So I called it quits. Went over to the West side of the dam. Better diving because there were no boaters but you do have to watch the swimmers jumping off the rocks. The vis was 3-5’ at best. I guess typical for lakes I have been into over the last several weeks. So if anyone is interested in re-opening the shop, contact Rusty at 254-694-5149.

Boy they have a tough time keeping a dive shop out there. I can not even tell you how many times that place has changed hands. Sorry to hear the boaters and jet skiers are all over it. Vis is terrible, and the darkness just makes it worse. We have not been out there in a year or more. Thanks for the update. PK/Scuba point is still a great place to get some deep dives in without going to Travis.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom