Lake Tuscaloosa is good enough for me

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

noladiver

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I do not know about my fellow Alabamaians but I'm looking at the forums for GA and how come they get to dive Lake Lanier. Ive been diving Lake Tuscaloosa for about two years now the viz is usually around 5-15 and 20+ on good days! I have herd local folklore about the locations of farms and other such structures just wondering if anyone has seen anything interesting down there?

bumb no one has dove Lake Tuscaloosa ever?? I have a hard time believing that one.

Hey, Noladiver . . .

. . . I'd be up for an exploratory !!!!

the K

count me in too, if you don't mind a newb. I live in Tupelo, MS .. not too far.

I have made many dives in Lake Tuscaloosa, mostly work related. Not really a great place to dive but ok if you just want to get wet.
Sharps landing usually does well, a lot of stuff to find under the piers and boat launch. Be careful as the depth quickly goes to 90 feet as the old road goes across.

For fun diving I would recommend the cliffs. Usually some sunglasses or watches in the water, decent vis due to the rock bottom.

I don't know of any structures other than the old bridge on the south end around 80' and very dark. But you never know.

Watch the Ecoli level!!!! During rain periods the farms up North River deposit a lot of Ecoli in Lake Tuscaloosa, so much that the city has warning signs in place to indicate the current levels.

Be careful in Lake Tuscaloosa, a lot of quick depth, drop offs, limited visiblity and entanglements.

frosty

I do not know about my fellow Alabamaians but I'm looking at the forums for GA and how come they get to dive Lake Lanier. Ive been diving Lake Tuscaloosa for about two years now the viz is usually around 5-15 and 20+ on good days! I have herd local folklore about the locations of farms and other such structures just wondering if anyone has seen anything interesting down there?

Only the bones of Auburn football players.

Nice come back captian, I used to work at the Blue Heron its a nice controlled spot with a easy sloping bottom. Frostologist can you give a description of the location of the bridge? I know a gentlemen whose farm was swallowed up by the lake im waiting on him to give me the location.

Back
Top Bottom