Lake Turn Over...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Water from Lake Lavon has a dinstinctive dirt taste when the lake turns over. Blech.

Interesting article.Thanks

Anybody have a detailed explanation of the milky white later that is often in Travis at the thermocline late in the year? I have known this to be so thick that I could not read my gauges even when both they and my HID were pressed on my mask.

I *think* it is caused by the hydrogen sulfide in the lower layer being oxidised to sulphate as it meets the warmer,oxygen rich water above the thermocline. This is then precipitated out as calcium sulphate. Somedays it looks like white fluffy clouds. Very cool.

Cenote Angelita in the Yucatan looks to do the same thing (but maybe prettier than Travis!)
Angelita Cenote Dive Gallery

Interesting article.Thanks

Cenote Angelita in the Yucatan looks to do the same thing (but maybe prettier than Travis!)
Angelita Cenote Dive Gallery

That would be cool to see in travis

The sulfur cloud effect, seen at Angelita is truly unique; also the site of my avatar:D

I have to say, the lake (Travis) is definitely looking like it's turning over. All well, so much for the windex layer this year!

Hook 'Em

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom