Lake Travis / Windy Point 8/16

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

scuba mommy

Reaction score
Chris :wave: and Angie :wave:

We are going to Lake Travis this weekend and would love to meet up with anyone at Windy Point and dive. Would love to know if anyone else will be down there!

Myself and Steleehin will be there more than likely both days. Maybe we could all go diving. Always enjoy meeting people from the board. Let me know when and where.

Scott D.

with a class.

If that's the Windy Point either/all of you will be at - I'd love to at least walk by & shake hands.

I will be there with my husband, cousin and the rest of my class for our first of two days. We are getting our OW Cert. this weekend - if all goes well. I have been looking forward to meeting the diving community in the Austin area.

I (Angie) will be wearing a pink bandana and I will hang a bright pink stuffed monkey hanging from one of our chairs, so you will know which couple is us! We are meeting some others down there and they possibly will have a banner staying "Scuba Sphere Dive Shop". Some friends of ours are doing their check out dives for their open water certification. Since they won't be certified until after their last dive Sunday we won't be able to dive with them. We are plannig to arrive about 8/9am Saturday and will stay until dark. Look forward to meeting some of ya'll.

I'm with a class from Oak Hill SCUBA. We set up to the left as you face the water - just downhill from the showers & portapottys.

Tomorrow, I would expect we'll be in the same place. Two more dives for the OW class, then I have a refresher in the afternoon - so I'll be around and will look for you!

It was nice to meet the guys who came up and introduced themselves! I wish ya'll could have stayed a little longer. We made one dive after I spoke with you and next thing we knew ya'll were gone.
Larry: We left town before your messgae was posted, so needless to say, we didn't know where to look for ya. We'll be down there agian at Labor Day. Maybe we can meet up with ya then.

scuba mommy once bubbled...
Larry: We left town before your messgae was posted, so needless to say, we didn't know where to look for ya. We'll be down there agian at Labor Day. Maybe we can meet up with ya then.

I scanned hard for pink & didn't find any - but then I'm wearing a heavy prescription lens mask - so vis is pretty wierd above water! I at least found out where the "Toms" group was - but unwisely stayed with our class until their first dive - then we got even busier!!

Hope you all had a good time! - I'll be out every other weekend or so till the # of students drops off!
- I'll also look forward to trying to find Y'all at the SCUBA Cleanup! - a most worthy event.

Back
Top Bottom