Lake Travis - Windy Point 3-12&13-2005

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Jay_SMART_Diver

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Dove Barstow's Windy Point Saturday and Sunday with my girlfriend's Open Water class. The point definitely lived up to it's name this weekend, the weather was great despite the wind. The lake level is up so it was a knee deep wade out to the shore, the tops of the stair rails was the only thing visible and the waves were a little choppy. Since I was with a class that stayed mostly on the platform, the dives weren't real exciting but the larger catfish were definitely out. Water temp was around 58 degrees on the platform at about 35 feet visibility was around 8 feet. Can't wait for the lake to turn over and start warming up. Hope everyone else had a great weekend.

Great shots! The ones with the divers wading out on what's normally "dry land" are hilarious!

Jay_SMART_Diver:
Dove Barstow's Windy Point Saturday and Sunday with my girlfriend's Open Water class. The point definitely lived up to it's name this weekend, the weather was great despite the wind. The lake level is up so it was a knee deep wade out to the shore, the tops of the stair rails was the only thing visible and the waves were a little choppy. Since I was with a class that stayed mostly on the platform, the dives weren't real exciting but the larger catfish were definitely out. Water temp was around 58 degrees on the platform at about 35 feet visibility was around 8 feet. Can't wait for the lake to turn over and start warming up. Hope everyone else had a great weekend.

I wonder if my pink fish is still out there, it can be found in about 95' of water, just off a shelf (depth is accurate at normal level)

archman:
Great shots! The ones with the divers wading out on what's normally "dry land" are hilarious!

Fond memories of that flood a couple years ago when the water was +8 feet and we could dive the barbeque pits! But - with 57 degree water - I think I'll continue to take my students to Aquarena for a bit!

Back
Top Bottom