Lake Travis water conditions......

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

texdiveguy

Contributor
Rest in Peace
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
......????????? Thanks

......????????? Thanks

I was at WP yesterday for a class, so I don't have the best info. For what it's worth it was 61 degrees from surface to 55'. Vis was poor...maybe 3'. But then again the class was probably stirring the bottom up a little. :wink:

......????????? Thanks

Found warm showers :D at the dive park to the right of where I have been going in the past.
It has stairs right down to the dam face. What a suprise with the facilities and warm showers by the gazebo area. Pretty neat find.

Max depth 48 feet water temp 63 degrees and visibility a whopping 2 foot or less

Sunshine and wind, but by noon it was definetly nice out. Great group of people I counted 24 total at the site. Met a handful of divers I have not met and dove with a new dive buddy.

What a great way to start the new year.

Shawn O.

I will be out Sat afternoon and part or most of Sunday. I will post a report when I get home. And Happy Diving Year everyone.

Willie

I will be out Sat afternoon and part or most of Sunday. I will post a report when I get home. And Happy Diving Year everyone.

Willie

Have fun. I'm going treasure hunting in the San Marcos. It will have been clear, 69 degrees, max depth about 10 ft. No deco stops.:D

It was pretty crappy as others have reported. I would say the vis was 1-2' just as others have reported. My son had a serious head cold. I talked him into giving it a try for one dive anyway. It took him nine minutes to get to 17' and he couldnt go any deeper. So we called it a day.

For those of you seasoned Travis veterans, when can we expect some improvement?

Willie

Depends on the year, Willie. Looking at my log for the last two winters, in January 2007 we had vis of 1-2 feet till mid to late February. In 2006, we had 6-8 feet in January and 1 foot in February. LCRA is raising the lake right now. It is up over 1.5 feet since New Years Day.

Back
Top Bottom