Lake Travis Trip Report?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

k-valve

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
OK, I know a bunch of you lucky devils dove Travis this weekend...Matt, Brandon, Bill, Layne, Ian...etc, etc. How 'bout a comprehensive trip report telling us about the excellent conditions at the lake right now??? :D

OK, I know a bunch of you lucky devils dove Travis this weekend...Matt, Brandon, Bill, Layne, Ian...etc, etc. How 'bout a comprehensive trip report telling us about the excellent conditions at the lake right now??? :D

Dove Windy Point Private Sat night and all day Sunday. Visability down to 90' was the best I've ever seen at Travis, averaging 30-40' shallower than 80'.

At 100' there was still ambient light from the surface. We could see the grottos at 80' with no flashlight needed, except to look under the ledge of course.

Below 110' however, vis dropped quick to less than 5 feet.

WOW....wifes birthday this weekend and we were going to go dive somewhere. Unless your messing with us with the good report I know where we will be Sunday.

Thanks

Water temps?? Not that it would make a huge difference to me. :wink:

Water temps?? Not that it would make a huge difference to me. :wink:

That was the part Zinc left out k-valve.... temps were probably in the upper 30's......:eyebrow::rofl3:

That was the part Zinc left out k-valve.... temps were probably in the upper 30's......:eyebrow::rofl3:

I have a new wetsuit I've been wanting to try out, but I have a feeling this coming weekend may be just a little early. :wink:

I did some work on my buddy's dock last thursday which required being in the water, and I managed for a good hour or two in the water with a 3mm and hooded vest. Granted I was working and creating some body heat, but I'm still thinking I'm going to have to give 'er a shot this week and get some down time!

Well this is actually my first post, but hey I was on lake travis at Windy Point this weekend so why not. I am a very new diver so I went with one of my dive masters and his wife. It was friggen amazing, the water was refreshing on sunday (outside it was hot, although the 7mil didnt hurt). Visability was awesome but honestly I cant gauge how good, I was told it was the best its been in a long time, but with all the numbers that are still swimming through my newbie brain I dont know if the vis was 30' 750 psi or 80 degrees (attempt at poor humor). I got to see almost everything we planned on the dive , and the only reason we couldnt make the tunnel is well being new I got a bit nervous when we were at 57' and I couldnt see the bottom very well or at all, so we played around on platforms and I watched the evil catfish plot to bite my face off.

Im pretty sure I swam with swampdivers as they told me to come here. I must say, I am still feeling a glow from the water yesterday

lmwb_1977... WELCOME to the Swamp....sounds like you enjoyed your day at the lake---that's the idea!! Lots of nice folks here on the Tx. Swamp sub forum....keep up the dives and be safe.

1977 is a great year...got married in Feb. of that year... :wink:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom