Lake Travis Trip Report?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

It was a great year, lol I was born then :D

To say I enjoyed the day is an understatement, I had so much fun at one point I started laughing hard enough to knock my own reg out of my mouth and seriously didnt die, to me thats so cool. I kinda felt hooked on my "fun" dive at Aquarena, but yesterday, wow, I had this moment, when we surfaced after the second dive where I realized diving is awe inspiring and truely soul devouring.

Disclaimer - I am a "special" student and it still surprises me Im a SCUBA diver.

Well, you seem to have pretty good typemanship for a special diver. Welcome, and glad to hear we hooked another sucker... er... diver into the boards

Oh just wait, Im filled with typos, and Im almost postive typing does not correlate with my "speicalness".

Hell I still cant fill in my log right, my brains still all cluster****** (replace * with naughty word)

Welcome, and glad to hear we hooked another sucker... er... diver into the boards

Wheres the straight faced blinky eyed emoticon... lol

Wow, for once I am beating my Dad to a post.
We did two dives on Saturday at Mansfield, the first was to 90' and the sunlight stayed with us to about 65'. After that the vis was limited by our lights so it wasn't that spectacular, but above it it was great. At 40' you could see the surface. I would know too because I was practicing with my safety sausage and it got stuck on my dry glove so I had to let go, but I looked up and could see the sausage at the top and the spool making its way back down to me.
The second dive we stayed up above 55' and never even used a light. The fish at the sunken boats are amazing because I am not used to seeing so many in one view. There is also a steady drop in temp as you go deeper. The surface was in the low sixties while below I got 58 on my computer.
The conditions were this good two weekends ago too, so lets hope they last a bit longer.

Water temps?? Not that it would make a huge difference to me. :wink:

Seems like the average on my computer was 59f

lowest temp on my computer this saturday was 61, and we did get down to 108

Yes, I did see 30 foot vis above 50 feet, but it deffinetly tapered off closer to 7 maybe five as we got down to our max depth.

Welcome to the Swamp lmwb_1977! There are plenty of Swampers here in Austin. You won't ever have to worry about finding a dive buddy. I know for a fact that there were Swampers in the water with you this weekend...that right there makes you a member of the team! :D

Wow, for once I am beating my Dad to a post.
We did two dives on Saturday at Mansfield, the first was to 90' and the sunlight stayed with us to about 65'. After that the vis was limited by our lights so it wasn't that spectacular, but above it it was great. At 40' you could see the surface. I would know too because I was practicing with my safety sausage and it got stuck on my dry glove so I had to let go, but I looked up and could see the sausage at the top and the spool making its way back down to me.
The second dive we stayed up above 55' and never even used a light. The fish at the sunken boats are amazing because I am not used to seeing so many in one view. There is also a steady drop in temp as you go deeper. The surface was in the low sixties while below I got 58 on my computer.
The conditions were this good two weekends ago too, so lets hope they last a bit longer.

Did the two of you find those grottos you were going to look for?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom