Lake Travis trip report Friday Oct 31

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

scubashawn123

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
Cloudy warm day, no wind, outside temperature 80 degrees. Just beautiful.

Drove up and got front row seating at the dive park at Mansfield and guess who I saw?

Got suited up, made the hike to the water (water level is still low - need rain) and got into the nice Lake Travis water. Visibility was around 20 feet, temp uw 72 degrees, chose to wear my 3 mil wet suit and glad I did. Started to get cold at 50 minutes.

2 small pretty perch must have liked my bubbles and followed me the entire dive, kept poking their heads in my mask, chasing the regulator bubbles.

Wonderful afternoon at Travis. Hope everyone is getting there diving in this time of year.

SO

myFOXaustin.com | Underwater Web Cam at Aquarena Center

Max depth?

Attachments

• DSCN5099.JPG
    DSCN5099.JPG
    85.7 KB · Views: 51
yeah, yeah... dont want to hear it. Some of us wage slaves have to WORK Fridays!

:p

If we'd have known you were in the neighborhood Shawn you could have hitched a boat ride from Mansfield to Scuba Park aka Wreck Alley.

Jason and I took his boat out to Scuba Park seeking dive boats to plunder. Finding no such boats we settled instead for poodling around the site for a bit over an hour. Viz was actually pretty good below 15' or so, opening up to an honest 10-15' in places.

It could be worse. They could be Force Fins. :D

Foo wears Force Fins. (Say that 10 times real fast- betcha can't) :wink:

If you've never tried Force Fins, you just don't understand. You just have to get past having duck feet, and then the rest falls into place.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom