Lake Travis this past weekend

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Mack Diver

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Most of my students have been choosing Aquarena Springs for their check out dives. However, I did take a group to Windy Point on Saturday for check out dives. If anyone was there and heard a squeal around 11:00, it was one of my students surfacing from her first dive. You would think the girl had never been diving before. Oh, wait, that was her first dive. Vis was decent around the platforms and as a bonus, there was fewer than 30 people trying to use each platform at the same time.

Satuday evening was spent at Mansfield Dam for an Advanced OW class. It was my first time there in awhile, so I thought it was great diving. Vis was great from 20' - 100'. I especially enjoyed diving beyond the 40' limit i have with OW students. It's weird having to do things like adjust buoyancy and check guages.

Sunday was back to Aquarena to finish up the OW folks and then a 2nd trip to Mansfield to finish the Advanced. All total did 9 dives in 2 days at 3 different locations.

As far as Masfield is concerned, I hope to go back there more often for fun diving. We were told someone erected an underwater memorial to a former Pices member. We didn't dive that direction, but it is supposidly at 95' NW from the stairs.

Mack I was diving the dam on Sunday.....great weather and warm water...vis was good. I remember seeing a large group getting in the water around 12--12:30pmish off the main steps as we surfaced...?

Mack I was diving the dam on Sunday.....great weather and warm water...vis was good. I remember seeing a large group getting in the water around 12--12:30pmish off the main steps as we surfaced...?

That was another group. On Sunday, we did not get out there until about 5:00. We were blessed with a rainbow and a beautiful sunset after the 2nd dive.

That was another group. On Sunday, we did not get out there until about 5:00. We were blessed with a rainbow and a beautiful sunset after the 2nd dive.

That sounds like a treat for sure--rainbow/sunset.......I knew it was a large group of divers from even the distance I saw them enter. :)

Back
Top Bottom