Lake Travis Polar Bear Diving

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

carlislere

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
Some of us from Oak Hill Scuba will be meeting to dive at Mansfield Park at 11am on January 1, 2004. Any Swampsters in the area are welcome to join us. I will be bringing some hot apple cider and a rum cake, if I don't eat it before then!

Thanks but we're staying close to home and going to Twin Lakes.

Ron - Glad you finally put the time out! - I was starting to wonder.... See you Thursday...

Dee:
Thanks but we're staying close to home and going to Twin Lakes.
Dee - You're not actually going in the water are you? :eek:

austindiver:
.... Oh well, where would I find you on Thursday?

C

- As Ron indicated, we will meet at 11AM at the Mansfield Dam SCUBA area. That's off to the right, pretty much immediately after you enter the park. If this goes as normal - It won't be REAL crowded! - I normally head into the lower parking area and will soon find some of the folks, since we'll be 1/2 of the people there at this time of year! If this isn't enough for you - PM me with a phone # and we can chat.

A intrepid 5 of us showed up at Mansfield Dam this morning! Rons Rum cake made a brief appearance and Gary was good enough to grill burgers for the lot of us!

For those of you not close to Austin the weather had warmed to upper 60's and it was misty cloudy with occaisional attempts at rain. This was VERY good for me as the rain and the south wind kept the cedar pollen down enough to clear my sinus'!

Oh yes - the dive..... not particularly remarkable at all [other than Peter Oliver showing up]- Vis at 20' was about 15' - but then it decreased as we went lower. It was probably not much better than 8' at 52 feet, my max depth. The temp - as Ron said - a balmy 57 degrees! :eek:

A Happy New Years and Many more good dives for us all! :party2:

-=>Larry<=-:
Dee - You're not actually going in the water are you? :eek:

You KNOW better than that! wink Beast, Jester and Coldwater took the plunge. Donbon and I watched!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom