Lake Travis on Wednesday

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hemlon:
Is anyone else planning to dive at Lake Travis on Wednesday?
I would like to do a couple of dives on Wednesday afternoon and/or thur morning. I have some new gear to try out and tweak. Probably need to do a couple of short dives (unless I managed to get everything right from the start) and then I could do a longer one.

Willie

wet-willie:
I would like to do a couple of dives on Wednesday afternoon and/or thur morning. I have some new gear to try out and tweak. Probably need to do a couple of short dives (unless I managed to get everything right from the start) and then I could do a longer one.

Willie

That sounds good. I will PM you!

Hemlon and I are diving at 11am Thur morning. Any of you Austin folks up for something early? If so PM. I could be there by 8am or so and still finish in time to meet Hemlon. I will be up early and check messages. I will also check at least once more before going to bed tonight.

Willie

Shaggie,

Are you sure that you need to sleep today????

Go with us!

Hemlon:
Shaggie,

Are you sure that you need to sleep today????

Go with us!

Soooo tempting, but yes I need to sleep. I hope that you guys have a great dive.

John

Willy and I had two good dives at Windy Point yesterday. The vis at the surface was a dreadful 5 ft. The thermocline was somewhat undefined at 68-70 ft. Below that, the vis improved to 15-ish ft.

A solo diver named Matt joined us for our 2nd dive. We really encouraged him to join Scubaboard.com!

:)

Hemlon:
Willy and I had two good dives at Windy Point yesterday. The vis at the surface was a dreadful 5 ft. The thermocline was somewhat undefined at 68-70 ft. Below that, the vis improved to 15-ish ft.
Very good to meet and dive with you Hemlon. I really enjoyed the dives and I am really looking forward to the next time. I bet we will see Matt on here soon. I will try and post the few picts I got later today.

It had been over 6 weeks since I had been in the water, so I was ready for some diving. I was diving new gear and felt like a total newbie on the first dive. But the second dive was definitely better than the first. Now all I need is more diving for more practice. :)

I showed 43 mins and 75' for the first dive. I would say vis rarely got over 6-8' and it was quite sporadic. You would be diving the same depth and it would just go in and out, kind of like driving in a fog that is just starting to form. As a matter of fact we got separated at 75' about 8 mins into the dive even though we both had decent lights and were less than 5' apart. Popped up to the surface and reconnected and all else went well. The separation may have been partly due to my preoccupation with the new gear.

As Donna said, Matt joined us for the second dive. I got 38 mins with a max of 80'. We went down the chain at the third set of stairs to 70' and turned left. Went to the spot where we got separated before and looked briefly for a spool I had dropped on first dive without success. Continued on south for 22 mins and then went up to 40' and turned the dive. Found a bathtub on the way back I have never seen before, but it didnt look like a recent addition.

My Sensu Ultra recorded a consistent 80f on both dives.

Very enjoyable diving and good buddies.

Willie

Let's see if I can get some pictures on here. You will find them here as well.

1st stairs
255704473_f7f526fb48.jpg

Turtle
255704519_3f27e0c4a5.jpg

Shark
255704555_aae218be12.jpg

Jetski
255704776_738f42beb0.jpg

Hemlon - the fish didnt want me to take her picture. I bet I can get a better one in the gulf next weekend. :)
255704858_2a0c2cfdee.jpg

wet-willie
255704916_3ee6bc0f3b.jpg

Matt
255704950_ffbde28127.jpg

Back
Top Bottom