Lake Travis dive on 24th, 25th

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Harvdog

Reaction score
I will be getting my OW at Lake Travis on Sat and Sun, Apr 24-25. Anyone know of any shindigs happening there around that time?

Harvdog:
I will be getting my OW at Lake Travis on Sat and Sun, Apr 24-25. Anyone know of any shindigs happening there around that time?

nope, but welcome to the wonderful world below the surface.

What shop are you doing your OW with?

Rick

Y'all going to Windy Point or Mansfield Dam?

I will be at Windy Point for Rescue class scenarios the 24th, 25th. Hope to see y'all there!

- texasmermaid

Have fun. I'll be at Blue Lagoon for rescue stuff (first time as a DM getting to play the distressed diver!), below 50' it was cold as can be last weekend at Travis.

Aggie Diver:
Have fun. I'll be at Blue Lagoon for rescue stuff (first time as a DM getting to play the distressed diver!), below 50' it was cold as can be last weekend at Travis.

How would you know? You weren't even there last weekend. He is right though it was cold. At 50ft it was 60 and dropping fast.

Make sure you wear extra weight for the Rescue class AD.

Later

Dive Monkey:
Make sure you wear extra weight for the Rescue class AD.

Why do ya' need extra weight for the rescue class? (I'm taking it in May...and I want to be prepared!)

Hemlon - I'll let you know how I fare this weekend - I am really looking forward to it although I know I'll be exhausted afterwards!

I've been watching the temps in the lake all week here: http://wwwext.arlut.utexas.edu/omg/weather.html and it looks like some pretty cold water still, esp. at about 50'. :cry: I know I'll be wearing a little more weight than usual just because I'll be wearing more wetsuit than usual! :wink:

DiveMonkey - why the extra weight for the 'victim'? To make it more challenging to bring him up or just to make it easier for him to stay down and wait to be rescued?

- texasmermaid

Back
Top Bottom