Lake Travis Conditions (March 1 & 2)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I like Tom Hughes a lot. The features at around 80 feet make it the best shallow(ish) dive in Travis.

Getting in and out of the water is not so bad with a single tank.Go down the leftmost trail (looking out) and keep left when in doubt.

Probably not the best site to do with doubles and a stage though :D

Also bear in mind that it would be a bad place to get hurt. (compared to WP and Mansfield)

Also bear in mind that it would be a bad place to get hurt. (compared to WP and Mansfield)

Probably the most important point to make about diving at Tom Hughs. We thought about that after coming up from 140. If one of us had had a problem. it would have been very difficult to get them out of their gear and on shore quickly.

great point Ian...

Layne

Layne.... never even seen this park....can you describe the entry/exit and mule trail conditions. Thx

I used Bubba Dive boat to do this area last season. $20 a person and 2 tank diving off the beach. Beats the long walk.

Bubba picks you up too, so you can go along the wall all the way to Hippie Hollow if you choose.

Shawn

I used Bubba Dive boat to do this area last season. $20 a person and 2 tank diving off the beach. Beats the long walk.

Bubba picks you up too, so you can go along the wall all the way to Hippie Hollow if you choose.

Shawn

Yea and if you find a almost new outboard on the dive he lets you keep it and shares in your Joy, Geat Guy

Big-time bummer on the drysuit leak, Layne!!!!!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom