Lake Travis Conditions (Mansfield Dam)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

k-valve

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Brandon and I dove near the dam today. We ran across ianr33 in between dives...cool license plate btw, Ian. :14:

Nice dives. Conditions have definitely improved since the last time I was at the lake. Water temps ranged from 63 degrees at the surface to 57 degrees at 155'. No serious thermoclines recorded. Temps consistently dropped as we descended. Definitely drysuit diving... :wink:

Vis has improved. I'd say we had 8'-10' vis at some points above 75'. Below 75' vis deteriorated to 4'-5'. At 120' visibility was down to about 1'-2'. By 130' it was close to zero and stayed that way down to 155' where I gave up on hoping it would improve and turned around.

yeah sounds right.....dove saturday at the dam. viz was better than expected, 5-10, until we got to around 70-ish . stopped at about 110 and the viz wasnt as bad as you might think.

Back
Top Bottom