Lake Travis Clean-up Scheduled

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

-=>Larry<=-

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Just as a mark-your-calendars item - When I visited my LDS on Saturday - They had the first announcement for the Lake Travis Underwater Clean-up held by the LCRA, Travis Co. PArks, most of the Dive Shops, etc....

It will be September 21st [pending my checking that sheet at home to be sure my memory holds!]

If tradition holds - I'll be DMing for my LDS at MAnsfield Dam - We would welcome your joining in, either with us or at the many other sites around the lake [each organizaton covers an area]

I will be getting my OW certification on August 23 and am wanting to get right out there and dive. Would you recommend doing this clean up for a new diver?

We (Alan & I) got our OW certification last year in Sept - the weekend before the clean-up. So our first official non-class dives were at the clean-up. We had lots of fun (not too good at finding the trash tho'!) and felt very comfortable with all the divers/divemasters/instructors around us. We've already signed up for this year (see my earlier thread- Larry must have missed it and started a new one ...)

http://www.scubaboard.com/t33850/s0e99197a2e3689a3d1b382088b372826.html

Anyway I'd say sign up - it's a great way to start out, and meet lots of other divers!!:)

Thanks, that sounds like a great plan. It will probably be our first open water dive post cert. too!! I can't wait to get out there and dive and meet lots of Texas divers

Ellabella - I pretty much agree with Kat - That's about as good a event for new divers as you'll find - lots of experienced folks around and a superb reason to support it!
Small Downside: Lake Travis doesn't ahve much visibility at this time of year and a number of divers at the site makes it even worse. BE ready to cruise slow & easy and don't necessarily expect to find much - - - but definitely go for it!
Kat: Sorry to cross-thread, even on my good days I'm not getting much past the first screen of threads:confused:

Back
Top Bottom