Lake Travis 04/03

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
Hey Swampers, I went to Lake Travis on Sunday looking for the old Lake Travis Scuba Park and its many underwater attractions. The scuba gods were smiling on and we located a large submerged object on the sonar in the approximate area, and began looking for a good spot to anchor (there is no shore access to the area any more.) we located a buoy and tied off to it. As we descended the line, we came down right on the top deck of a large houseboat. Id guess that it was 40-55 feet. The top deck was sitting in around 47-50 feet of water. Vis was good at about 10-12. Temp was a balmy 62 degrees. I havent had a chance to explore the whole area, but this is a great dive site!!

Ryan

Are you referring to Windy Point at Barstow's? I thought there was still shore access... didn't Jay post pictures a few weeks ago from there? The steps are all submerged, but you can wade out to the cliff face and just drop down there.

Arch....the old LT Scuba Park and Windy Point, either Barstow's or the public side, are not the same place.

Up at TAMU, we refer to Barstow's as the "old place" and Mansfield as the "new place".

txbrent:
Sounds like a fun dive! Anybody have GPS coordinates of the old park?

Brent, Im at work, but when I go out to the boat, ill get the gps coordinates for you....and it is NOT windy point or Barstow's...its a different location all together. I would say its almost "around the corner" from windy point

Ryan

How "old" is this "old park?"

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom