Lake Terrel this weekend

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hey Thomas,

Sound like a plan my man. I'll run by the RV hook-ups and see if I can round up the Abilene folks; I'm looking forward to diving with them. Then leave my car by the north docks at any spot that I can find a place.

A swampster's t-shirt will be hangin' in the back passenger window, so I'll be close to that location.

I'm sorry that I didn't get to come out today, but I watched The Weather Channel this morning and it kept showing thunderstorms all day. The local weather report pretty much said the same thing. Rain I can deal with -- lightning is a whole 'nother ballgame. :frown:

Yeah Ken, I was wonderin' about that. We got a good dose of t-storms and rain here yesterday, and thundering and sprinkling right now. Dallas news channel last night said it should just hang around up here by the Red River and the Dallas area should be alright. Could they be wrong?

I'll check the noaa radar in the morning and see what it shows. I'm with you; it ain't rainin' underwater, but electricity is not good.

Mike,

Looks like I'm out for today...my wife and daughter are coming home earlier than I thought, so I'd better be home to help them unload. Also, they're still calling for scattered t-storms, and I'd hate to drive down there, pay $20, and not get to use a full tank. Story of my life....lol.

We'll catch it another weekend then Thomas. Guess I'll skip it also, don't want to do the 2 hour drive for nothin'. Maybe next weekend more of the swampsters will be there.

There's also some ppl. at lake ouachita in ark. from this weekend through next sun. doing spear fishing for cats and fishfry. If you have time off and want to run over there give me a holler, although I'll be in dallas wed., thurs., and fri. this week. I have the campsite location for them if you're interested in going.

sealskin98:
Foo...

Foo...

Foo!!!

Stop hitting me! I'm sorry about the camper comment!

Ahhh!!!...She set fire to my pant's leg!

Dang, now I look like Richard Pryor running down the street.

:11:

Hmmmm... GOOD. You've heard about me, I see!
Bwahahahahahahahaaaaaaaaaaaaa!

Be afraid. Be very afraid.

Foo:
Hmmmm... GOOD. You've heard about me, I see!
Bwahahahahahahahaaaaaaaaaaaaa!

Be afraid. Be very afraid.

Yes ma'am!!! :11:

Hey Foo, We WERE in a camper and it was GREAT!!! First time to use it - and yes - my wife thoroughly enjoyed her own shower!!

Thanks for the info though. We were there all weekend. Next time I guess we'll just have to walk around saying, "Are you guys Swamp divers on Scuba Board?"

sealskin98:
I'll probably be by the north docks, blue Lumina. Swampster banner will be a Swampster's t-shirt hangin' in the driver's side back window. I'll probably get there around noonish or so. If you can make it get with us. I'll look for the couple from Abilene in the doolly and try to get with them, along with Thomas.

Foo, they're in a camper.

Foo...

Foo...

Foo!!!

Stop hitting me! I'm sorry about the camper comment!

Ahhh!!!...She set fire to my pant's leg!

Dang, now I look like Richard Pryor running down the street.

:11:

Thanks for all the interest in coming out. We had a great time Saturday and Sunday. The weather looked pretty bad, but actually we only got a few sprinkles and some lightning flashes in the distance for alittle while on Saturday. Saturday diving wasn't that great - pretty poor vis. Sunday was 100% better. Humidity sucked, but that's pretty normal.

Too bad the weather kept everyone away, but it was hard to judge. We thought we were really going to get stuck there ourselves with our heavy camper and alot of rain. Luckily that didn't happen.

We're going to try to go again in a few weeks. I'll be sure to post when we make a plan. We'll be trailer camping again. We'd love to meet up with some of you guys!! Keep us posted if any of you plan another trip.

Rick

I'm glad you had a good time at CSSP. I've only been certified since Jan., but out of the 4 Texas dive sites that I've dived, (dived, dove, diven? :)), Terrell is my favorite. We'll try to go out there soon, and we'll let yall know. Anyone planning to make the July 4th bash? I think there is a treasure hunt and band on Sat., July 3rd (I emailed them to find out, their website isn't updated frequently). We probably can not go on the 3rd, but possibly on Friday or Sunday.

Foo

Back
Top Bottom