Lake Terrel this weekend

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

rkr3000

Reaction score
My wife and I are going to Lake Terrel near Dallas this weekend (June 19 - 20). Anyone interested in joining in? Also, anyone have any info or suggestions about it. We haven't dove there before.

If you're talking about CSSP (I'm sure you are, not Tawakani), I'm thinkin' about it. Didn't get to make it last weekend. With all of this rain the vis. may not be great, but what the hey, it ain't rainin' underwater.

Put up another post before you leave and let me know what you'll be driving. I'll probably be in a blue Lumina. Usually use the north docks. We'll see how the weather holds.

For info. and directions see Bill's post under "List Your Favorite Texas Dive Sites" at the top of the page. Has link to their site and the scuba park map; the map is inverted direction wise, north is at the bottom. Don't expect to be able to rent a lot of equip., the site is not set up for that. Tanks and air fills are available though.

sealskin98:
If you're talking about CSSP (I'm sure you are, not Tawakani), I'm thinkin' about it. Didn't get to make it last weekend. With all of this rain the vis. may not be great, but what the hey, it ain't rainin' underwater.

I was going to head up there on Sat. for sure - I'll be driving a gold Maxima. I am looking forward to diving with some Swampers. Anyone else going?

I'm gonna try and make it out Sunday. It's Father's Day, but my wife and daughter will be coming home that evening from Cancun, so I have the whole day to myself. The viz there last weekend wasn't the best in the world, but I've seen it worse, plus it was a toasty 84º at the surface. It got colder at the thermo, but it was tolerable. Also, they now rent hoods, gloves, as well as a few BC's and wetsuits. They don't have a large supply, but like Mike said, they do have tanks and air fills. If I don't see ya there, have a good time.

Thomas

We'll be diving Saturday and Sunday. I'll be in a gold and black doolly pickup with "RCT Complete Construction" on the sides. We'll also have a travel trailer with us. Give us a holler if you see us.

Yes, Clear Springs SP is where we're headed.

rkr3000:
Also, anyone have any info or suggestions about it. We haven't dove there before.

We can't go this weekend, and I've only been there 3 times, but I do have a few suggestions, rated in order of importance:

1. One thing your wife will want to know is that there are no showers or bathrooms, only porta-potties. If you're camping, that info becomes more important. I think it's been in the plans to build shower/bath houses out there, but it hasn't materialized yet.

2. Wear a hood or beanie! There are pirahna perch in there. One got my husband's ear a couple of weekends ago and literally tried to take it off his head. (He said he thought he heard it growling like a pit bull). :wink: My daughter was doing some skills for her checkout dives, at a platform. She said she looked over at her dad and a couple of instructors and they all had their hands cupped over their ears, LOL. His earlobe has just finally healed, almost 2 wks later.

3. The weekend will be crowded (lots of checkout dives), so try to get there very early to stake a spot. There are nice little covered pavillions scattered throughout, complete with picnic tables.

The diving is really fun out there, I'm growing to appreciate it more. The vis probably won't be extremely great, due to runoff and lots of peeps stirring it up, but it should be enough to be enjoyable. There's lots of life in there and even some really pretty wall diving.

Have a great time, yall! Wish we could join you.

Foo

This is the "wife" posting back... Thanks for the info about the bath situation. Luckily we're bringing our own (camper). The pirranah perch are worth noting as well. I'll have to be sure to pack my Harley head scarf. I'm sure I'll thank you later for that one (glad the husband's ears are better!) I'm sure my husband will probably take the tough guy approach too - I hope he gets nibbled good!!!....

We're planning on sticking to the wall side, so maybe less newbies stirring up stuff over there. I'm sure we will enjoy the diving. Thanks for the information - wish you guys could join us! Maybe next time...

WEAR A BEANIE !!!!!!!!!!!!!

The Piranhas have no mercy. Heck they even nailed MHK this past weekend.

I think I'm going to try to come out this weekend. I drive an aquamarine Chevy Cavalier. If Sealskin and Texass are there, I'll be with them. :diver:

Ya'll are a temptin me, I'd end up in the doghouse for a couple of days though......... Des, ya goin? :eyebrow:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom