Lake Rawlings

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I'm going to Rawlings the first weekend in April w/ The Dive Shop. Water temps in the upper 40s / low 50s right? On the verge of dry or semi-dry.

If you have the choice go dry. While most of the temp reports are accurate, there are still some spots in the lake that are downright balmy!

Dove the lake today water temp waws 52 on top with 46 on the bottom. Vis was around 30 to 35 ft. Not that many divers of course im sure the weather had a lot to do with that. Dove dry with dry gloves. Had a good time as always cnat wait to get back.

Dove both Sat and Sun this weekend. Downright cold! I dove wet, 5m full with a 3 mil shortie. Could not feel my feet upon exit after each dive. In total we did 5 dives, 3 Sat and 2 Sun. We were doing our AOW class. My daughter picked this date for us, I tried to get her to do the May class, but she talked me into it.

Not many people there this past weekend. Just as the last poster had said, weather was a factor. Sun morning the air temp was 33. Warming tent helps alot during SI.

I got 47 for our Sat night night dive at the surface. I was sure my body was going to stay in the rigid state for the rest of my life. :wink:

Last edited:
Woot woot!! Its getting there. We've dove the lake every month this year so far and the temps are coming up. I'm trying out a new Semi-Dry this weekend so it will be a good testing ground it sounds like.

Did anyone stay in the cabins last weekend? Is the cable working?? Gotta watch the game on Saturday.

GO RAMS!!

Woot woot!! Its getting there. We've dove the lake every month this year so far and the temps are coming up. I'm trying out a new Semi-Dry this weekend so it will be a good testing ground it sounds like.

Did anyone stay in the cabins last weekend? Is the cable working?? Gotta watch the game on Saturday.

GO RAMS!!

It looked like there were a couple people staying in the cabins, I just don't know if the cable was working. We stayed at the wonderful plush 4 star Nottingham, so I did not have to make the 2 hour drive back home after the night dive. :eyebrow:

The BEST part was the Dunkin Donuts!!!! Yum! They had my favorite, Glazed with pink icing and rainbow sprinkles. Have not had those since last Nov when I went out there last.

If you go this weekend it looks like you will get a good testing ground for your new suit. A little warmer than last but rain.

I do not know the area, I am here looking for dive sites for a future trip. Where is the lake located and what is the attraction?

I do not know the area, I am here looking for dive sites for a future trip. Where is the lake located and what is the attraction?

Lake Rawlings is in southern Virginia. It's a good place for practice and classes and just to get wet if the ocean is not an option, but personally I wouldn't make a long trip just to dive there.

Lake Rawlings - Diving

Lake Rawlings is in southern Virginia. It's a good place for practice and classes and just to get wet if the ocean is not an option, but personally I wouldn't make a long trip just to dive there.

Lake Rawlings - Diving

What she said. :D

but you can get a T-shirt that says you went down on miss nicky and still be correct in most surroundings! :wink: Rawlings is decent as a quarry but probably not a dive travel destination in my book.

Went out yesterday, April 10th. Water temp was 53 down to 20', also, confirmed by 2 seperate people. Air temp never reach the predicted degrees and no sun. Went down to the plane, do not have the temps with me, but it was much colder.

Back
Top Bottom