Lake Rawlings Weekend - 09/11-13

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I can probably make it for Sat if you're doing a late-ish dive (10 a.m. or later). I'm coming from Alexandria, VA, so it's a 3 hr. drive.

I desperately want to see the Miss Laurie! Does anybody know the temps at 60'? 7mm I'm guessing?

thanks,
dave.

OK, I've requested a reservation for a pavilion. Translation: The pavilions at LR are privately owned, and Kevin won't confirm the reservation before Thursday afternoon.

If we get the pavilion, I'll hang my board name (it_mike) from a sign. If not, I'll have a white poly folding table or picnic table setup near the entry point. Again, I'll mark it with a sign.

I'll also PM my cell to any who request it via PM.

I'll be diving all weekend, with people coming in and out at various times. The point of this endeavor was to meet potential buddies all around. I expect to at least 8-12 dives this weekend, feel free to join in!

Pavilion 12, near showers. I'll there somewhere between 3-4

I can probably make it for Sat if you're doing a late-ish dive (10 a.m. or later). I'm coming from Alexandria, VA, so it's a 3 hr. drive.

I desperately want to see the Miss Laurie! Does anybody know the temps at 60'? 7mm I'm guessing?

thanks,
dave.

Just looking at my dive computer from last week. I had the surface temp at 79 degrees with the thermocline about 37 feet down, and it showed me 67 degrees. It felt a lot cooler, as I was diving a shorty. I would have to speculate the temp is easily into the low 60's at Miss Laurie.

7mm is highly advisable, and should make it easily doable.

If I'd known it was that warm, I wouldn't have packed the drysuit.

Oh well, see you there. Pavilion 12 by about 4pm today or look for a white Dodge truck with a yellow and blue tent over the bed.

Seven Five Seven, Two Seven Two, and Five Nine Three Zero

Since I haven't been there before, I have a question. The Lake Rawlings form has a place for Dive buddy's name and signature at the bottom. Will they give me grief if that is blank and I just say "I'm here to meet up with Mike at pavilion 12"? Given some of the customer-service discussions, I want to be as prepared and cause as little fuss as possible getting in.

Back
Top Bottom