Lake Rawlings Weekend - 09/11-13

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

it_mike

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
I just don't log dives
I'm pulling together co-workers and online group members for a weekend of diving.

Calling all locals! Meet other local divers, tryout buddies in a 'safe' environment, and share/tryout other gear!

I'm heading up Friday PM, and will be camping there until Sunday PM. Hoping to dive Friday evening/night, a few dives Sat, and maybe two more on Sunday.

Anyone care to join us?

Mike

Bump...

We're getting closer.

One week to go!

Can relatively newbies join? I'm definitely interested! But don't yet know if I can make it.

Open to all comers!

This started as an intro dive for two of my co-workers, then I opened it up in several groups/forums to give everyone a chance to meet other divers. I'm expecting at least 10-20 divers, a few bringing families.

I'll be camping there all weekend, and will bring extra gear for those who want to try different configurations. I'm also expecting an instructor to be there all weekend, and hopefully the dive coordinator for the Virginia Aquarium. The more, the merrier! The more divers we get to join us, the more choices of buddies we'll each have and the more potential relationships we'll develop.

-telemonster I don't run the meetup group, that would be Pat, the instructor. I am the one who's encouraging members to join me for this trip, and the DUI weekend.

My wife and I will be there, hope to meet you!!

I'm going to try to make it. Perhaps this is a dumb question, but how will I know which group is you?

I was there this past weekend, camped Friday and Saturday nights. Liked it so much I'm coning back this coming weekend. Sat and Sun this time. I'll be a guy looking for a buddy, since none of my family or friends dive.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom