Lake Rawlings Trip Report 7/26/2010

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I was out at Lake Rawlings today. As I was checking in they were telling someone that the surface temp was 80F and the bottom @60ft was 60F.

Now I will admit that I do not like the cold and that works well for me because I wear my drysuit at Rawlings. Yes, it is warm getting dressed, but I usually get there when they open and then I am in the water the rest of the day (trying to beat the heat and today was cooler). Also, I spend almost all of my time around 40-60 ft (closer to the 50-60 ft range), so wearing my DUI means that NITROX is my limiting factor (with two 130's I get about four 45 minute dives at depth, two with each tank). So the cold does not matter.

Well,the surface temp was between 78-82F all day. The bottom temp was 51F. I was down there for a long time and my computer had plenty of time to settle out and all four dives my min temp was 51F at 60ft.

Only saw three divers at depth and they did not stay down to long. A lot of divers in shorty's (a few without any wetsuits), but I did not see any of these below the thermocline around 35ft. Since only a few divers at depth the bottom wasn't kicked up and made for a good day.

Back
Top Bottom