Lake Rawlings today . . .

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

mheaster

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
Well I was wondering ahead of time but didn't see anything posted so figured I'd post:

I dove Lake Rawlings today. Surface temp was 50* F but after a foot or two dropped to 46* (my max depth was 57')

Saw many college kids (Several different Shops) completing their Open Water Certification dives in Wet Suits though! (More power to them!)

Well I was wondering ahead of time but didn't see anything posted so figured I'd post:

I dove Lake Rawlings today. Surface temp was 50* F but after a foot or two dropped to 46* (my max depth was 57')

Saw many college kids (Several different Shops) completing their Open Water Certification dives in Wet Suits though! (More power to them!)

Achy-wawa, that's nippy in a wetsuit. Spent my day watching the kids play soccer - nice and warm in the afternoon sun. Not yet up for chilly diving (but I might do bainbridge next week to finish my dry course! yeehaw!:D)

I remember wreck diving with the old Surface Interval in a 2pc 7mil. Dive computer says it was 38f. What the @?#@?@ was I thinking?

Thankfully Lake Travis doesn't get below 50f in the winter. It's already up to 62f! :) I can't wait to put the 7mil away and break out the 3:2mil.

Yup. I understand it's not around anymore. Is that true?

(I used to live in DC, Alexandria, Springfield and haunt The Dive Shop in Fairfax, Millbrook, Lake Rawlings, Surface Interval, Virginia Beach.. that was before my house doubled in value and I cashed out for a better life in Texas.)

The SI is in your back yard.

I was at Trish's not three days ago. The SI was cut down to fit under the bridges and trucked to LA to aid the Katrina effort as a crew boat. small world...

Slow boat aka SI was fun to dive off of. Capt would let us take our Man Toys out and plink at bouncing water bottles that we tied behind the boat. Good times!!

First time we were on it my wifes sitting in the cabin with Robert and she blurts out. Capt do you want me to swim in front and pull the boat, maybe pick up a knot or two?

SI was not fast but it was very comfortable.

I wasnt diving when the SI was around but I have heard so much about it from my dive buddies. My friend Martin worked on the SI and I was just looking through his scrap book of pics. Keith

Back
Top Bottom