Lake Quachita, Arkansas

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

RicHeaD

Reaction score
Wow!! Dove Lake Quachita last weekend. At the dam vis was 8ft to thermo at 30' then in the vis enlarged to 30+ ft. Unreal. The temps were 96 air 82 surface 65 at 60ft 45 at 73ft. cold,cold,cold but well worth the dive. Also dove DeGray just south of Quachita. Water cloudy at 40ft but at 15ft clear with vis 15' but water had a brown tint. Degray had some life whereas Quachita I saw no fish. I'll be going back next year for sure.

dives Lake Quachita a bunch with the shop up there in Arkansas. We did DeGray last summer and like you say, it's got plenty of fish. Just really need a boat/barge for either lake to hit the good spots (according to Art!) If I happen to be available next year when you head that way, give a hollar, (if you don't mind us tagging along.....heck, I might even OWN a barge by then.....and not one of those stealth-type pontoons like JT2s....LOL :)

tony

Is it Quachita or Ouachita?? I was always under the impression it was Ouachita. We are talking about the one just outside Arkadelphia, right?

It's spelled Ouachita.. . .

Got a list of dive sites? I live nearby, but haven't been there much and am looking for some interesting stuff. Got GPS coordinates?

Glad you liked it! I think Norfork in north AR is a good lake too.

Been talking with a few folks about doing some weekend road trips to dive sites within reasonable driving distance from Dallas, including Oklahoma, Arkansas, Missouri, etc.

So its good to see threads like this listing sites that could be potential trips next summer (TwoBit's gotta finish up his schooling....something about finding the answer to 2+2 :eek:ut: ).

We need to start making a list of places so we all know of the various places that are good sites, but perhaps not well known outside of their own local circles.

Think I'll start a thread to that respect right now.

ScubaTexan once bubbled...
Is it Quachita or Ouachita?? I was always under the impression it was Ouachita. We are talking about the one just outside Arkadelphia, right?

Washítah ...Just kidding. :D

Anyone close to Broken Bow?

I talked to a few divers as well as the dive shop at Brady Mountain and they all said the dam area was the clearest. It's got a long stairway to the water but it's worth it.

I'll be headed for Bull Shoals and Norfork lakes next month on vacation. I'll let you know how it goes.

Tony, you and Brenda are of course always welcome as well as anyone else that would like to come along.

Headed for Mansfield dam on Saturday. Hope to see some members there.

If you would like/need some information, I'll be more than happy to share. I dive there on a regular basis. I actually made my very first dive there. :)

Never been, but that's part of the fun. I head for the dive shop and dam areas as Iam shore diving. Any info would be great. I'll be based at Bull Shoals and doing day trips out of there.

Richard

I dive lake Ouacita almost every weekend. After mid September water clarity gets very good. Give me some time to get to my boat and I will post some spots. ( as far as marker locations go I don`t have gps yet)

Back
Top Bottom