Lake Pontchartrain, La.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

texdiveguy

Contributor
Rest in Peace
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Does anyone dive this beast?

Been wanting to, but I don't have a boat handy.

There are four artificial reefs placed in the lake, one at the north, and three at the south, as I recall. (Three of them are reef balls, if I'm remembering everything correctly.)

Did he have to have an environmental suit to dive that thing?

Actually, the lake is better monitored than most other water around here, so if there's one place I *might* dive, it'd be the lake.

Are gators an issue?

Spencermm:
Are gators an issue?
Not in the areas you'd dive. They stay around the shore and bayous and such. I've canoed past the in the bayous off the north shore, but they wouldn't be in the open water where the reef balls or other dives are.

ClayJar:
Not in the areas you'd dive. They stay around the shore and bayous and such. I've canoed past the in the bayous off the north shore, but they wouldn't be in the open water where the reef balls or other dives are.

Clayjar, I'm diving Toledo this weekend, Sat & Mon-Labor Day.....you want to come up???.......

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom