Lake Pleasant Diving

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hey we are on the Scubateer this Saturday with some other people and have 1-2 slots for tec divers. Anyone trimix certified and want to dive the dam (220ffw bottom)? JCF - Are you in? I know the walrus is...

I'm working on it.
I had a family thing on Saturday I am trying to move.
Call you tomorrow.

jcf

Steve, congrats on 100!! Was there any ceremony, initiation, skin diving (and I don't mean snorkelling either), etc? Or was it just another dive among so many?

Side note - Is anyone up for a night/evening dive this Friday night, the 21st? I could make it out by late afternoon before the sun sets and start a dive and maybe do a 2nd dive after dark if anyone wants to go Friday night.

Congrats again Steve!

Josh, I may be able to pull off a Friday afternoon dive. I'll be coming back in town from a hearing in Prescott around 3:30 or so, and my availability will be dependent upon whether my wife expects me home early or late.

Steve, congrats on 100!! Was there any ceremony, initiation, skin diving (and I don't mean snorkelling either), etc? Or was it just another dive among so many?

Side note - Is anyone up for a night/evening dive this Friday night, the 21st? I could make it out by late afternoon before the sun sets and start a dive and maybe do a 2nd dive after dark if anyone wants to go Friday night.

Congrats again Steve!

Not! We toasted the occasion with a beer afterwards. :D With a water temperature of 63º the shrinkage factor would have made it a non-event anyway.:shakehead:

Steve.

Not! We toasted the occasion with a beer afterwards. :D With a water temperature of 63Žº the shrinkage factor would have made it a non-event anyway.:shakehead:

Steve.

I kind of figured as much. I have heard that there is sometimes some sort of initiation that goes along with it, but I think the 100 dives behind you and the experience you have from those is the biggest ceremony you can give yourself.

I might be diving with you at Roosevelt Lake the day after Thanksgiving. I'll keep you posted though.

Josh

I kind of figured as much. I have heard that there is sometimes some sort of initiation that goes along with it, but I think the 100 dives behind you and the experience you have from those is the biggest ceremony you can give yourself.

I might be diving with you at Roosevelt Lake the day after Thanksgiving. I'll keep you posted though.

Josh

I hope you can make it. There may be one or two others too. The more the better. I'm not sure where we'll be camping. I don't think we'll have much of a problem getting a spot near the lake though.

Steve.

Congrats on loggin 100 dives Steve...
:bananalama::chicken::monkeydance:

Josh, I may be able to pull off a Friday afternoon dive. I'll be coming back in town from a hearing in Prescott around 3:30 or so, and my availability will be dependent upon whether my wife expects me home early or late.

I am not going to be able to make to Lake Pleasant Friday. My family has plans that evening, but I am going to try to get my boat out onto Canyon Lake that afternoon. It is much closer to me than Lake Pleasant. I can manage a quick 1 hour or so trip to there. I may even do a short, shallow dive to check the vis there. I haven't been there in 1 1/2 months.

On Sunday my son and I went for our 2nd O/W dive. We're still learning our way around Lake Pleasant so I don't know the names but we went to desert tortise and took a left at the cross roads and did our first dive in that cove. We got to about 25ft and swam around the bottem. Visibility was about 10ft. We did scare a crawdad, he thouhgt that was cool. I was surprised to find so much trash, we need to get collection bags for next time. We also found a fishing pole that we brought up and gave to a guy on shore. Our next dive we made in burro cove. We got to 48ft, our deepest yet! Again not much to see. Lots of old trees and we did find an old anchor. Couldn't figure how to get it back to shore. Over all a lot of fun just a bit cold at first.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom