Lake Pleasant Dive Report

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

If anyone is interested, there are several photos of Lake Pleasant diving with varying degrees of visibility on the AZScuba photos page.

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/azscuba/

There are 57 Local Arizona divers who have joined AZScuba so far...

We did two more dives at Pleasant today. Little did I know, I've been diving at two-cow cove for years. Just didn't know its name. Pretty much the same as I reported last time, when I didn't know its name. We had very good vis for the lake. Water is getting very warm now. A 3mil shorty is fine down to 40'. We did see areas where vegetation is starting to grow on the bottom and the vis decreased as we swam in these areas.

The lake level is starting to lower. Probably down at least a foot since two weeks ago. We still ran into lots of catfish off the deep side of the roadbed. I still can't believe how big some of those fish get. Several good size bass in the area too.

I guess since I can make it to the ocean, Lake Pleasant will do just fine to keep me wet and diving.

CB

Did two dives today in a new area and was pleasantly surprised.

location: lake pleasant- along the dam close to the south boat ramp (by the marina). We carried our equipment down a hill from south ramp road so that we were right next to the dam.

Dive 1: initially planned to dive to 100 foot, but at around 55 foot we were both shivering. Computer read 65 suunto degrees, but it felt much colder. We ascended above the thermocline to about 30 foot and went parallel to the dam on a course of around 240. Near that big line of tires on the surface we found a whole bunch of tree structure that was loaded with fish life. Quite a few bass, 2 catfish, carp in the distance a little deeper and sunfish, baby and fingerling bass. Got to watch an adult bass eat a fingerling- pretty cool.

Dive 2: Went around the point to the right and turned back when we saw the south ramp boat dock. again stayed around 30 foot. Awesome wall with lots of overhangs and nooks and crannies. Fun to lure sunfish out coaxing them with plastic worms (next time we're bringing real worms).

I really liked this site compared to vista point and suggest you check it out. The downside... the walk with your equipment down the hill and you have to park up the hill by the marina. When we were unloading our gear with the truck near a no parking zone, the harbor patrol pulled up and started to write me a ticket!! they're soo nice.

Tony.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom