Lake Pleasant Dive Boat

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Haven't been out there diving in ages! (OK, so a year, but still...) We went in June and the viz was VERY poor due to all the algae. I will admit that the cold water felt GOOD though...had on a fleece lined dive skin, I'd recommend at least 4mm suit if you want to go deeper than 45', as that's where I've found the thermoclines usually were out there.
Do y'all acutally see any fish while out there? All I usually do is practice my skills and fill a garbage bag with all the garbage down there and throw it in a can on my way out.

Yep, we do indeed see fish out there (and pick up plenty of trash too)! I'm horrible with freshwater fish ID, but there are bunches if you're in the right place at the right time... Last time out, even saw a bunch of little fish babies hanging out in some grass - eyeballs with tails :D

It is hit or miss on seeing fish but lately we've been seeing a lot of Bass. And you’re always going to run into a few catfish in the gullies and Blue Gill up in the shallow grassy/underbrush areas.

A few of us are diving this weekend up there at a new site, for us. I'll let you know what we find there.

CB

Man! Reading all these messages about Lake Pleasant makes me want to go peak my head under the water! There have got to be monster catfish in that Lake! I am guessing it is still pretty chilly below 40ft. I'll be in Boynton Beach FL. w/ Splashdown Dive charters this week but I am interested in what conditions are like at Lake Pleasant. I am guessing you need a suit thicker than 3mm. Could I get away w/ skins under my suit? If anyone could let me know it would be greatly appreciated! I live off Happy Valley Rd. so this is my closest pool. Thanks a bunch!!!

We had a guy in a 3 mil a few weeks ago. I was still in my dry suit, but I don't have anything in between a 3 mil and the dry suit. Water temp was pushing 70 in the shallow and low to mid 60s around 40-50'. But that was two weeks ago.

CB

I went last week- Hood gloves and (stupid me) only a 2-3 mm wetsuit.
Froze below 40 feet. it was low 60's below the thermocline. I was able to get 2 thirty minute dives in with out suffering from severe hypothermia. It's just hard to put on my 7mm suit when it's 100's topside.

P.s. don't count on any really big cat fish. I have seen some decent sized carp though.
Tony.

Where'd you dive and how was vis?

CB

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom