Lake Pleasant Dive Boat

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Tom Az

Registered
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Well figured I would give this new forum a go. I have heard and talked to a few friends about the diver down. I can't seam to find anyone who has tryed them. Think it would be a good way to try out new gear and configurations besides the green slim. Does anyone have personal experience with them? Worth it ,OK, or waste of time?

Next trip the Vision in two weeks.

Tom
K7TRM

Hi Tom,
I haven't dove off the boat but I have seen it around lake Pleasant and talked to the owner. I think it is something like $30. Pontoon style boat, roomy, and an alternative to shore diving, I would say you probably can't loose. Vis is probably going to be 6-15ft. If you are comparing it to CA diving on the Vision, probably a waste of time. However if you want to try out gear before your trip or have long timespans between trips to the ocean, I would say it is worth it.

Karen

Vista Point is a nice shore dive. Do you know where that spot is? I've been on the diver down, when I went it was 40.00. It was nice, they provided two tanks, weights and some cookies and sodas, but for lake pleasant I think Shore diving is not much different than being on their boat. At Vista Point you can park right by the water. I'm going with my wife tomorrow, but it's probably better during the week. Last week I'd say the vis was 15+ foot. Really good right now. Also, I think they must have just stocked the lake with bass. Let me know if your looking for someone to buddy with. You have to get used to hearing boats vip by in the vicinity.

To get to vista point go toward the marina and the road will y where you can go down to where the diver down docks or to the right (ramp and boat parking lot)--- but in the middle is a dirt road that goes up a little hill. If your really observant (unlike me my first attempt finding it) You'll see a white/blue sign that says vista point with an arrow. At one spot the road goes down and almost looks like a boat ramp, park there and dive around the point to the left. There's a cool wall to check out and the bottom is more rocky for practicing skills without ruining viz.

Tony.

Tony,

Vista point is on the east side of the lake? This is new to me so I'm kinda looking forward to exploring it. Has any one ever mapped it?

CB

Underwater Connection:
Tony,

Vista point is on the east side of the lake? This is new to me so I'm kinda looking forward to exploring it. Has any one ever mapped it?

CB

I have a couple of dives there, but a friend named Sandy Lawson has probably fifty dives at that site. It's not too far from the marina. She will park her RV there sometimes during the week and is always looking for people to dive with. That's really the only spot I've dived there. I like being able to get your truck/car right to the entry point. Keyhole at lake saguaro is also a decent site and closer to you probably. I used to dive there with a guy here named fishkiller who hasn't posted in awhile.

Tony.

undefinedundefined
Tom Az:
Well figured I would give this new forum a go. I have heard and talked to a few friends about the diver down. I can't seam to find anyone who has tryed them. Think it would be a good way to try out new gear and configurations besides the green slim. Does anyone have personal experience with them? Worth it ,OK, or waste of time?

Tom
K7TRM

Been on the Diver Down. Its an OK boat for Lake Pleasant.

Just got back from a trip on the Horizon...in a word--GR8!!
Howard

Tom Az:

Tom
K7TRM

Nice People Zellet did his Check out dives off the Diver Down..
I would dive with them again...

tonyc:
I used to dive there with a guy here named fishkiller who hasn't posted in awhile.

Tony.

I am sorry I will make up for it :wink:

Hello,
I have been diving for several years now and I was not aware that water in AZ. lakes had any Viz at all? Growing up water skiing Canyon & Saguaro Lakes I never thought it would be possible to see anything. I live off Happy Valley Rd in North Glendale & Lake Pleasant is pretty close. Fill me in on possible diving there. I know it is no Catalina, Florida, or Hawaii but if I am in my swimming pool I am having fun!
What are conditions like at Lake Pleasant & where do you dive?

Tom Y.

I've dive mainly off of the end of Desert Tortoise RD. Right where the rd goes into the water. Right now there are two islands to dive around on the south side of the rd. On the north it is just a wall the follows the rd.

Vis is kinda hit or miss. This time of year though it is the good time. But as the water warms up the algee sets in and vis goes down.

Soon, hopefully next weekend, I'm going explore a new site to me. Dirty Shirt. Don't know how that name came about. One of the other threads shows a couple of maps on how to get there.

CB

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom