Lake Ouachita, AR

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

k-valve

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I'm thinking about diving this lake in the near future and would appreciate any advice y'all can provide. I'm looking at diving it from a boat so I hope someone can provide the name of a good charter service as well. Thanks!!!!!

When I went I rented my own boat and got my buddies to all chip in.

That lake is cool with everything from quartz crystals to dig up to fresh water sponges and jellies.

Went with a shop from DFW whom rented a pontoon.......very clean and chilly-cold lake with lots to see. The only from shore diving 'I' am aware of is at the dam/spillway area. Small parking area and steps down to lake from dam. A few things placed to look have been placed and depth at normal/dam area, if I recall correct Ranger saying about 180ffw. Lake DeGray near by is another good lake I am told to dive,,,again a boat/pontoon is ness.. Please keep me posted if you head that way. :)

Oh, I'm going...as soon as I get a chance. Probably this fall when it's a little cooler.

Do those of you who have rented a boat recall the operation? I'd like to look them up. Cost??

Hey, Rick, where are those crystals? I've heard they are pretty awesome.

Definitely! How are you doing by the way? Long time no see, my friend. Back in the water?

Went with a shop from DFW whom rented a pontoon.......very clean and chilly-cold lake with lots to see. The only from shore diving 'I' am aware of is at the dam/spillway area. Small parking area and steps down to lake from dam. A few things placed to look have been placed and depth at normal/dam area, if I recall correct Ranger saying about 180ffw. Lake DeGray near by is another good lake I am told to dive,,,again a boat/pontoon is ness.. Please keep me posted if you head that way. :)

Definitely! How are you doing by the way? Long time no see, my friend. Back in the water?

The crystals can be found on one of the islands and there are several.......I don't remember the operation name but that is easy to find. I have been back to diving since July 1st.......today I did my 17th. dive and all is going good. I will try and get the name of the charter rental group. My wife and I just got back from 2 days in Arkansas not 1.5 hours drive from the lake.....pretty area.

Oh, I'm going...as soon as I get a chance. Probably this fall when it's a little cooler.

Do those of you who have rented a boat recall the operation? I'd like to look them up. Cost??

Hey, Rick, where are those crystals? I've heard they are pretty awesome.

Off zebra island in about 10 to 20 feet of water, the best ones are VERY hard to see as the way the water bends the light they appear transulcent.

Here are a few

small.jpg

John,

We are there... There is a BRady Mountain Dive Shop and a BRady Mountain Boat Rental and a BRady Mountain Resort ... Also there is a really nice campground, all of which are pretty close to each other... Dont wait too long into the fall as the water temps are probably still a bit cool now and will only get colder...

Just keep us informed...

Charlie and Donna

Back
Top Bottom