Lake Medina Dive Report - 10-13-07

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Papa Steve

Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
We dived both Saturday and Sunday this weekend. Both days were out of Joe’s Place.
Temp on the surface was about 82 degrees and about 74 degrees at the first thermocline at about 45 feet. Temps dropped again at around 80 but I had an equipment issue and did not get a reading. I would say it was probably around 68 degrees.
Viz above 40 was about 3-5 feet, even before things got stirred up. Below 40 it opened up to 10-12 feet, maybe more in spots.
On our second dive on Saturday, we surface swam west towards the dam and descended just past the dock that’s on the far side of the cove, west across from Joe’s Place. Following west, along the wall, just before our turn-around point, at about 50 feet, we came upon one of the swim-throughs I’ve been looking for. Cool stuff.
We made our return trip at 30 feet to conserve air, get warm, and enjoy the fish.
The visibility stayed fairly constant through the weekend in spite of the large amount of divers because of the Dive World Pumpkin Hunt. Though during the hunt itself, viz dropped to zero in places. It made for an interesting dive .. . .one had to swim with arms out front to keep from eating a large boulder or have a close encounter with a cliff face.
All in all, good food, good friends, and good times.

Back
Top Bottom